Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX Advance AWD, Modern Steel/Silverstone
87 Posts
Wheel locks are a false sense of security and a waste of money. They might make an amateur thief move on to another car, but they won't stop a real thief. A team of 4 pros can remove all 4 wheels in under 2 minutes! Lots of videos on YouTube.

If you have a flat and can't find the wheel key, you're screwed because you can't change the wheel until help arrives with that key or tools to bust off that lock.

Reactions: mdxstang

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX Advance AWD, Modern Steel/Silverstone
87 Posts
Make sense. We shouldn't lock our car doors, use door locks at home, and shouldn't password protect our sensitive information also for easy access for amateur and pro thiefs.. The same determined thief can also gain access to those things with around the same amount of effort of stealing rims.
Your sarcasm is so perfect that it makes me think you're serious. I always lock my car, my home, and use strong passwords. Except for my cars and trucks, it'll take a lot longer than 2 minutes to break in.

A wheel thief may go unnoticed for some time, but not a thief tries to break into my home. My perimeter and interior video alarm systems will automatically turn on the exterior floodlights, play a prerecorded warning message, and notify me and my monitoring company, who will phone the police. My property is posted, and a thief who breaks in risks saying hello to my little friend and a Veteran.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts