Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GoRhino now makes side steps for the MDX. Available from www.nordleth.com parts numbers 4002B (black) or 4002BC (chrome).
Prices $206.24 & $345.25.

Those are member prices, sign up at nord-leth.

I do not know if these are as good or better than Manik, but look pretty sharp.

http://www.gorhino.com/documents/4000-series.html

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The factory side step look better.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Any pictures of the GoRhino side steps for the MDX?
Nordleth and GoRhino don't have specific pictures of the MDX side steps.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they don't. If you go to GoRhino's site there are pics of their side steps on other vehicles. They look virtually the same as the Maniks.

What is interesting, some of their applications, including the MDX are listed as Chrome not Stainless. I believe they have both.

I would also be interested if their mounting was different in some way. Price is within a few dollars of Maniks.
I got a 'member' price list in the mail from Nord Leth.
You just sign up at nordleth.com to 'join'.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I conntacted GoRhino directly and they mentioned that they have NO products for the Acura MDX. I did not see anything at Nordleth's site as well. I looked in the Acura section as well as GoRhino's.
Dale, where did you get your info?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Emerald01 said:
I conntacted GoRhino directly and they mentioned that they have NO products for the Acura MDX. I did not see anything at Nordleth's site as well. I looked in the Acura section as well as GoRhino's.
Dale, where did you get your info?
STRAIGHT FROM NORDLETH!
HERE ARE THE GORHINO PART NUMBERS
CALL THEM BACK AND SEE WHAT THEY SAY NOW!

4002B BLACK
4002BC CHROME

BUT IF YOU WANT THEM GET THEM AT NORDLETH THEY ARE PRICED AT $203 AND $345 FOR MEMBERS.
If GoRhino still expresses ignorance, call Nordleth and ask whats up?
1-800-500-2404

I have a price list from Nordleth right in front of me.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Could have been me or perhaps my wife. What time was it? What day of the week? If it was my wife, I not sure if I would consider it zipping. But maybe she drives differently without me. :) I've seen other Emerald greens out there but they seem more rare since more of the other colors are coming out. You can tell my MDX externally by the sunroof wind deflector and rear mudguards - (so far). The other one I've seen has -rear deflector and Acura side steps. But MDX's in general are very common in the Bay Area - unlike other places!

That might make a good pole if it hasn't been done already- "What region of the US are you from?"

BTW I also emailed Nordleth with the part numbers to confirm. Although, I want to see pictures before making any decisions.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree, let's see what they say. There are samples of other cars on the GoRhino site, and it looks like all the support is only on the ends of the steps.

They don't look that different from the Maniks otherwise. Anxious to order some myself, I have landed an X in the high desert and pick it up the end of the month. (GG Tour+Nav MSRP + towing pkg.) No, I'm not excited..not much...
I had a broker working a deal for me, and I brokered this myself and probably saved myself a grand in all the extra costs. Plus, an excuse for the wife and I to go to Palm Springs. They will pick us up at LAX.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Congrats on locating the car...Why are you doing LAX? Isn't Ontario closer? Heard a Southwest ad for a "friends fly free" deal, too. San Hoser to Ontario on SWA, $59 each way, no?

(I know Palm Springs airport's closest, but Alaska has a lock on it).

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH either airport according to the dealer.
I didn't think that far ahead. Cant really do the reservations right now because the pickup date is not firm, and I will pay more for a changeable ticket. Although, I will pay more as it gets closer too!
We usually fly SW......wife has a freebie but we didn't want to blow it on a 1 hr. flight.
Gee, the dealer didn't mention PS airport, that's strange. Maybe he gets too many that are still leary of Alaska.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The dealer wanted to charge me $600.00 plus for stepbars for my MDX. After I woke from my coma I checked out a cupple of places I seen you all had listed. I have heard alot abot the MANIK style but no one had the Stainless in stock.
Good news my MDX friends I found a site that has a few in stock when I made my order they had 2x Stainless and 4x blacks left, that was Wed the 24th of April so Good Luck.
You can find them at www.ultimatetruckandvan.com

Manik.489154T-Black.. $199.00<br> Manik.489154TSP-StainlessSteel.. $360.00

Im working on getting more accessories
Ill keep you updated on my progress

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with you about the chase but it feels good when you succeed. To be honest Im headed down to the beach right now on my Hog to do some chasing of my own (if you know what I mean...Wink Wink ) Good luck with your new ride.<p>
<font color=red><b>Its the weekend people turn up your radios and lets have some fun.. I mean it !!!</b></font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts