Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow MDXers,

I have had my 2022 MDX A-Spec for almost a year now, and up til now I have not had any major issues with CarPlay and my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

However, the last few days whenever I’m connected to my vehicle’s CarPlay (whether wired or wireless), both Google Maps and Apple Maps are glitching out and it seems like the apps cannot pinpoint the correct GPS coordinates accurately. It will show sometimes, and then the arrow will not move when the car is moving like it should. On top of that the apps on the phone completely glitch out and basically don’t work until I’m completely disconnected from CarPlay.

Once the Google and Apple Maps apps reboot after disconnecting from CarPlay, they work fine on their own. So it is definitely something going on with them and CarPlay.

I had to actually use the Acura navigation system (first time using it since getting the car, lol) to get home recently since I was in an unfamiliar area. Luckily I had that, but as you can imagine way less convenient than CarPlay.

Any ideas on what the issue could be or how to resolve?

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you reboot the iPhone? What version iOS do you have?
Yup, I am having this issue too from time to time and what I do first is exit the waze app on my phone, start it again and most of the time it works. If it doesnt work I try to add step two to turn off and then turn on bluetooth again to re-establish connection. If it still doesnt work then reboot phone, reconnect to carplay, open waze and it works. Kinda annoying though when it stops working while driving.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello fellow MDXers,

I have had my 2022 MDX A-Spec for almost a year now, and up til now I have not had any major issues with CarPlay and my iPhone 12 Pro Max.

However, the last few days whenever I’m connected to my vehicle’s CarPlay (whether wired or wireless), both Google Maps and Apple Maps are glitching out and it seems like the apps cannot pinpoint the correct GPS coordinates accurately. It will show sometimes, and then the arrow will not move when the car is moving like it should. On top of that the apps on the phone completely glitch out and basically don’t work until I’m completely disconnected from CarPlay.

Once the Google and Apple Maps apps reboot after disconnecting from CarPlay, they work fine on their own. So it is definitely something going on with them and CarPlay.

I had to actually use the Acura navigation system (first time using it since getting the car, lol) to get home recently since I was in an unfamiliar area. Luckily I had that, but as you can imagine way less convenient than CarPlay.

Hello fellow MDXers,

Omg me too !! I just made a post about it. Although I am using an Android phone. Did you fix yours? I have tried everything . Like I reset everything to factory lol.
Still nothing

·
Registered
2022 MDX Aspec / 2019 Ridgeline Sport / 2007 335i Coupe
141 Posts
Yeah I had a similar experience with both my iPhones. I have one phone on original IOS 8 and the other is IOS 13. Both were acting up with maps integrated with the car via the usb plug (non Bluetooth).
turning them off and back on again fixed the issue as well. The issue was just a day or two apart. So it was kind of weird. But as you mentioned, it worked well right after.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts