Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say I have been a very loyal Acura customer since 1987 when I bought my first Integra. 15 Acura later I decided to try another brand. I purchased a 2016 MDX Tech right when they came out about 1 1/2 years ago. This was my 3rd MDX. I travel quite a bit with my job so I trade every couple of years depending on the mileage. I also tow a 5x12 ft trailer for my job. Weight is under 2000 lbs. My 2014 MDX towed the trailer just fine. When I purchased the 2016 the 9 speed transmission just was not very good. It hesitated when pushing on the gas from a stop and had a problem finding a gear. I did the service updated but it didn't seam to help. The other thing I just could not get used to is the shift push buttons. When backing up with the trailer is was just a pain. I know now I am going to get people that will give their opinion and that's fine. It just didn't work for me.

I looked at several midsize SUV's and ended up buying the 2016 Infiniti QX60. I was concerned with the CVT transmission but I will say it tows my trailer with great ease. Infiniti did a refresh for 2016 and the interior is absolutely beautiful. The ride is very smooth and quiet. The Bose system sound much better than my Tech system. So far I am very happy with my purchase. I will keep my eye on the MDX. Maybe I will be back for the next redesign.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
CVT? damn..... Why not the Q7 or the Lexus RX? CVT would not be even my last option, It wouldn't be an option at all.

Reactions: ItsMeBraulio

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Well yeah.. its the whole idea of the CVT.
But it lacks excitement and Nissan CVTs tend to be miss and hit, lots of nightmare stories in the Maxima and Sentra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts