Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have goodyear tires on their mdx? if so when you are on the highway do above 60mph you hear a loud vibrating noise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I just put Goodyear Wrangler Ultragrips on mine (winter tires) and they are very quiet. The only difference I noticed from the stock Michelins is that it is a bit rougher (bumpier) at low speeds when cold. Otherwise good. Great traction too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,724 Posts
I have the stock Goodyear Integritys (Integrities???), and they ride well, handle well, and are only noisy on certain road surfaces. No loud vibrating noise above 60, either. It sounds like you may have one that's out of balance, or perhaps installed incorrectly on the wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,266 Posts
Hi 1stbaby00:

___Sounds like something’s amiss? I would go to the dealer and have them look at it just to make sure. While you are there, get in another Premium (if they have one?) and take it for a ride just to make sure it is not just your own idea of vibration being too high.

___On a similar note, I had a GoodYear Integrity on the Corolla cause a pull to the left. Dealer found and replaced a defective tire and all has been fine since.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
I am not very happy with these tires. Do not go over 20MPH around any turn when the road is wet. The whole car feels as if it is going to slide off the road.:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
I have the stock GoodYear Integrities, I have to admit they are good tires. I have not really been happy with GoodYear before, but no problems at 29k. However, I plan on getting Michelin Crossterrains when these wear out.

Your tires may have a defect.

Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,474 Posts
Goodyear tires are on all non touring MDX's.

If yours are vibrating they probably are not balanced properly. Take your X to the dealer to correct this problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Michelins STINK!

hopper said:
I have the stock GoodYear Integrities, I have to admit they are good tires. I have not really been happy with GoodYear before, but no problems at 29k. However, I plan on getting Michelin Crossterrains when these wear out.

Your tires may have a defect.

Good Luck.
No time for details but I HATE my Michelins in the snow! Very poor, borderline dangerous. Looking for a better all season option or possible a set for summer and one for winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Re: Michelins STINK!

taschroth said:


No time for details but I HATE my Michelins in the snow! Very poor, borderline dangerous. Looking for a better all season option or possible a set for summer and one for winter.
If you don't like the Michelins in the snow, you better be pretty happy you don't have the Goodyears. I have had both on the same vehicle (RX300) and the Michelins will run circles around the Goodyears in rain and or snow, period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,544 Posts
Re: Re: Michelins STINK!

jurincie said:


If you don't like the Michelins in the snow, you better be pretty happy you don't have the Goodyears. I have had both on the same vehicle (RX300) and the Michelins will run circles around the Goodyears in rain and or snow, period.

My experience exactly! :4:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,474 Posts
I have not had any experience with GoodYear tires in the snow but the Michelin tires and the MDX performance was excellent on my trip in the snow in December.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
we have many snow shower here in DC metro area this year. My michelin tires did well on each of them.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top