Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring is here, and I am about to swap winter tire/wheels to summer. But with 60k+ miles on odo they are close to wear marks.
Anyway, Discount Tire right now have a great deal on ebay, if you spend $400+ they will cut -$100.
Just bought 4 Michelin tires and saved $200. Bought 2 from my account and other 2 from wifes account.

Have to use code:pMOTORS318

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-255-55-18-MICHELIN-PREMIER-LTX-55R-R18-TIRES-31454/311380976703?fits=Section+Width:255|Aspect+Ratio:55|Rim+Diameter:18&epid=1840506054&hash=item487fc0a43f:g:iFUAAOSwImRYXX8e&vxp=mtr

There are some cheaper options, but this one of the best deals from theirs selection.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is a trick I just learned for America's tire I saved almost $300.00 with rebates + no tax on our set of Michelin Premier Tires
Go to discount tire direct dot com and get a quote, for CA there is no tax. Take the quota and go to America's / Discount Tire and have them match it. >:)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
148 Posts
Spring is here, and I am about to swap winter tire/wheels to summer. But with 60k+ miles on odo they are close to wear marks.
Anyway, Discount Tire right now have a great deal on ebay, if you spend $400+ they will cut -$100.
Just bought 4 Michelin tires and saved $200. Bought 2 from my account and other 2 from wifes account.

Have to use code:pMOTORS318

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-255-55-18-MICHELIN-PREMIER-LTX-55R-R18-TIRES-31454/311380976703?fits=Section+Width:255|Aspect+Ratio:55|Rim+Diameter:18&epid=1840506054&hash=item487fc0a43f:g:iFUAAOSwImRYXX8e&vxp=mtr

There are some cheaper options, but this one of the best deals from theirs selection.
Thanks just ordered 4 for my wife's MDX. She has 30k on the OEM Bridgestones which I was planning on replacing later this year.
These Michelin are pretty highly rated unlike the OEM Bridgestones.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks just ordered 4 for my wife's MDX. She has 30k on the OEM Bridgestones which I was planning on replacing later this year.
These Michelin are pretty highly rated unlike the OEM Bridgestones.
no problem, glad to save you some bucks. $188 per tire is a sweet deal, especially for Michelin tire.
If you will bring tires to Discount Tire they should mount and balance for free.
Double win ;)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dzionassi - did you get these tires? I know they are highly rated, but how are they on the MDX?
Yes, i did get them. Will change them in couple weeks, running Blizzaks now. We still get freezing mornings....

It should be good tire...

·
Registered
169 Posts
I mounted the Michelin Premier a few months ago, has been fine so far. Quiet and did well in the mountain snow. Curious to see what some of you ended up paying out the door with all fees, taxes, etc. -- and don't lie!

When Michelin was running a factory rebate (could get the rebate anywhere) I ended up buying at Costco. Out the door, all in price was $920 (mounting, balancing, disposal fees, taxes, shop fees, lifetime free tire rotation, etc.). Just because they will mount for free doesn't mean there are not a bunch of other fees like the disposal fee and shop fees.

All that said, I have found that I can run around looking for deals, but Costco standard pricing is usually within $100 of the best deals I can find. A lot of tire shops like Discount and America's run high pricing on tires and then make up great "deals" that really just get the competitive with standard pricing from Costco and Sam's Club.

Everybody feels better when they "save hundreds" and feel like they got a "deal". Same thing as Macy's when every single day you walk in there is a big sale going on.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
The key is whether online deals can get free rotation and balance for the life of the tire and road hazard issues. This deal for 4 tires is about $760. That leaves about $140 for everything else relative to the $920 you paid. Not much margin left.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure about free rotation. Since all my cars have winter wheel/tire setup, i am doing them by my self whenever it is time to switch.
If some guys cant do rotation by themself it might be deal beaker. Anyways deal is over. Bought total of 8 tires. 4 Michelins for MDX and 4 summer Continental tires for Infiniti $400 dollars saved.

And here is my homemade CAI for Infiniti, fun Saturday evening project ;) Just showing off LOLOLOL

·
Registered
148 Posts
I purchased 4 of the Michelin Premier LTX tires using the deal. Super fast shipping as I had them the next day after ordering. Total price of the 4 tires was $752, free shipping and no tax. Mounting and balancing is not free using Discount Tires stores. Total for mounting and balancing was $84 which includes rotation and balancing for the life of the tires. We took a 300 mile trip after having these tires installed, they were very smooth and quiet. Total all in cost for me was $836. I will say Discount Tires was super fast in the mounting and balancing, I was in and out in about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I was in and out in about 20 minutes.
I've never seen a shop mount/balance a set of tires in 20 minutes... That is impressive. Did they have four different guys, each working a wheel?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've never seen a shop mount/balance a set of tires in 20 minutes... That is impressive. Did they have four different guys, each working a wheel?
Yes, they had 4 guys working on it. Two were mounting and two were balancing and they were hustling. I was the first one at the store and they didn't have any other cars in at the time. I like the fact that they only do tires and nothing else as it seems to speed up the process.

The sales rep said they used to mount and balance 4 tires in 12 minutes or less but the TPMS maintenance on newer vehicles had slowed it down a bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts