Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
445 Posts
You gotta be kidding...

Mr. Knightman, or should I just call you Mac?

You've got to be on drugs!!! Although the price you just quoted may indeed be better than other "honest" Acura crooks (aka Acura dealers) are charging in the fine state of Wa, $1,100 over MSRP is still a bad joke!!!

If you are indeed a dealer - shame on you for trying to bypass the normal payment-for-advertisement process. If you are a consumer thinking $1000 + $100 over MSRP is a good price, I have a nice bridge to seel to you as well. Just pm me.

· Registered
445 Posts
Knightman,

I will not offer any apologies as I still have doubts ( I am allowed that, you know!!! ) as to you being "just a consumer"
Your post looks a lot like a few other posts by some "professionals" rather than "amature chatters." There is no need for you to prove anything - each of us is entitled to an opinion.

As to those 5 stars - I am very proud I have them!!! The most important achievement of my life, you know... :D

Just read some of the posts before feeling offended and you'll know where I am coming from.

P.S. The bridge is still for sale.

P.P.S. Happy holidays, Robyjo and all!

· Registered
445 Posts
Knightman, congratulations.

Too late now for any advice, but there are several posts similar to yours where the posters share the details of their deals.

Anywhere from Florida and West, people managed to find dealerships willing to sell at or EVEN BELOW MSRP (not by much, though)

Of course you would have to be willing to wait and/or travel and/or have it delivered cross-country, etc.

Worm pretty much summed up the pitfalls of gettiing a Canadian model. I do not remember exact figures (it was, once again, discussed at length on this forum), but I think that Canadian MSRP is about $5K (that's US$) less than American. Plus you lose 4x50 bumper-to-bumper. :(

Hopefully you'll never need to use it. Cannot say I was that lucky. :(

Price-gouging dealers stink!!! Acura as a "Luxury brand" stinks even more!!!

Happy holidays.

P.S. Thanks for your "vote of confidence" - "You're probably a decent person" :)

· Registered
445 Posts
Re: 5 Months!

knightman said:

It's a canadian rig, but you can't tell it apart from a US vehicle apart from the daytime running lights, which I prefer and will likely be mandated in the US shortly. The spedo was changed over to MPH, they included the waranty (1 year longer than factory, plus you always have the candadian factory warranty and they will manage any warranty issues for you by taking the car up north and giving you a loaner).

Knightman, sorry to confront you again, but I think there is some incorrect info in your post.

Disclaimer: I do not have the first-hand knowledge on this subject. Everything I know and will express in this post comes from various discussions on this forum. If you, or anyone else, have different info, please make sure to let all the members know.

OK, back to the essentials:

1. Warranty - I think that "crossing the border" kills Canadian warranty, but does not put US one into effect.

2. Extended warranty you got is not as inclusive as the original bumper-to-bumper coverage. If you got a 3rd party warranty rather than AcuraCare, you are also missing out on Acura TLC, roadside assistance, etc.

3. The $500 off MSRP you keep mentioning - is it US$, and is it US MSRP? Once again, w/o exact figures, I believe that Canadian MSRP is about US$ 3,000 - 5,000 less than MDX Touring US MSRP.

The only benefits of your purchase - you got it immediately and you have DRL. Did you really get a "great deal?" The truth is in the eyes of the beholder...

Enjoy your MDX!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.