Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...

I'm about to lease an 03 MDX with the touring pkg.

This is the deal they gave me.

$509 per month tax included with $4,506.75 total out of pocket.
the lease term is 42 months with 12,000 miles per year.

any help/opinions on this will be grateful!

Thanks
Jate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,453 Posts
It is impossible to tell.....

.......if the deal is good or not without knowing the price, as well as exact model: example touring with Nav?? RES?? etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok...its just the touring...no nav or res.

the thing is within that $4500 out of pocket is the tax up front. im paying roughly $1500 in tax up front.

Jate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
JaTe said:
ok...its just the touring...no nav or res.

the thing is within that $4500 out of pocket is the tax up front. im paying roughly $1500 in tax up front.

Jate
Be glad you don't live in Texas - you have to pay tax on the entire sales price (net of trade-in) whether you lease or buy........$2420 on an '02 Touring ($37,820 MSRP). Most states only charge you the sales tax on the value of the car you lease (typically monthly lease payment includes sales tax on the payment amt). In TX you get screwed.plus, if you decide to buy at the end of the lease - guess what - you pay sales tax again on the residual balance.

Anyway - I digress.....your payment looks a little high based on the low money factors I have seen posted here. Check the other lease site mentioned & good luck!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Im picking up a MDX-P next week at $480 per month for 4 years and $0 down. I would say that you were getting a pretty good deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
texrb said:


Be glad you don't live in Texas - you have to pay tax on the entire sales price (net of trade-in) whether you lease or buy........$2420 on an '02 Touring ($37,820 MSRP). Most states only charge you the sales tax on the value of the car you lease (typically monthly lease payment includes sales tax on the payment amt). In TX you get screwed.plus, if you decide to buy at the end of the lease - guess what - you pay sales tax again on the residual balance.
...
Yeah, I understand that pain - Illinois does the same :3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,474 Posts
In Oregon we can't pump our own gas:werd: but we pay no sales tax, buying or leasing. They make up for it (no sales tax) with high property taxes and relatively high state income taxes.:3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Heehee.. Im buying from Acura of Portland but I still have to pay tax :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I live in California, but and am planning on leasing an MDX for 4 years. If I lease the car from a dealership in Oregon, could avoid paying taxes for the length of the lease?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even though oregon doesnt have the sales tax, you will have to pay the sales tax when you register the car in your state. unless you have an oregon address, its not that easy to get away with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
BaldEagle said:
In Oregon we can't pump our own gas:werd: but we pay no sales tax, buying or leasing. They make up for it (no sales tax) with high property taxes and relatively high state income taxes.:3:
Yeah I lived in OR from 1981 - 1985 & they had a 10% state income tax then. I'd rather pay sales tax with no income tax (like TX)

I always thought the "no self serve gas" rule was wierd too - They said it keeps the liability insurance way down for the gas station & also provides jobs............if that is true how come no other states do it?? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I would reconsider that lease. I just picked up a 03 Touring with RES.

42 month lease
12,000 miles per year
$1000 out of pocket
Dealer gave me $500 in accessories
Free oil changes for the life of lease

$515 a month including tax.

You’re roughly paying $3500 more than I did, and thats not considering the RES.

Myers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the replies guys!

I currently have an '00 RX300 whose lease is up. I was able to get a deal for a new RX with navi for $450 a month and 2500 out of pocket. i think im gonna take that deal instead.

thanks for all the help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
texrb said:


Yeah I lived in OR from 1981 - 1985 & they had a 10% state income tax then. I'd rather pay sales tax with no income tax (like TX)

I always thought the "no self serve gas" rule was wierd too - They said it keeps the liability insurance way down for the gas station & also provides jobs............if that is true how come no other states do it?? :confused:
NJ has no self serve as well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
I was wondering if that was still the case in NJ - it's been a few years since I lived there and I remember that being quite annoying. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,172 Posts
RedMDX said:


NJ has no self serve as well...
I stand corrected :1pat:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top