·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the MDX. Very reliable.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Post back with your impressions of the Q5. For me it was down to the MDX or the Q5. The Q5's driving style was quite spirited, plenty of low end torque (like most German makes). Coming from two Mercedes I was looking for high reliability. My ML350 was back and forth to the dealer every other month. Thus I picked up a 2012 MDX last week. I love it.

Best of luck with your new ride, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Post back with your impressions of the Q5. For me it was down to the MDX or the Q5. The Q5's driving style was quite spirited, plenty of low end torque (like most German makes). Coming from two Mercedes I was looking for high reliability. My ML350 was back and forth to the dealer every other month. Thus I picked up a 2012 MDX last week. I love it.

Dont get AC_MDX started, his Acura therapy has been working pretty good. :)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Hey Jimbo,
First off I just want to say that I enjoyed my MDX. It was an excellent SUV and very reliable. Never had any major issues.

Here's my impression of the Q5 2.0t.

Engine:
I love the low end torque of this 4 cylinder turbo. It has 258 lbs. @ 1500 rpm. Horsepower is only 211hp. But most people drive at the low rpm 95% of the time. So acceleration at the low rpm's are quite enjoyable. But the engine starts to lose steam when you floor it on the freeway above 70 mph. Again, I barely floor it anyway. This engine is very tunable. For $499, I can get an APR ecu tune and will get 65 lbs. torque/40hp.

Handling:
Handling is excellent, it corners flat and very stable at high speeds. I really like the steering feel of German cars. It's easy at low speeds and become direct and stiff at high speeds for stability.

Ergonomics:
I like its ergonomics, very modern and elegant. I like the MMI (multimedia interface), but it takes a while to get used to. Performing functions takes a few more steps because all the functions (radio, nav, a/c, etc.) has been consolidated. The MDX is easier and fewer steps but it has a million buttons which I didn't mind.

Exterior:
I love the way the Q5 looks. In my opinion it's one of the best looking SUV.

Gas mileage:
I'm getting about 25 miles per gallon city/highway combined. I can squeeze out 28 mpg all highway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts