Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Good Acura Survey for a Free Accessory

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  msu79gt82 
#1 ·
Just picked up my Mdx with navi & Res. I asked for a free cargo net and moonroof visor but dealer would only give the cargo net upon recieving a perfect Acura survey. Is this a common experience?
The dealer is making over $4k and they can't even give out a $40 accessory without resorting to this tactic.:mad: Another bad Acura dealer experience!!

#2 ·
leemdx said:
Just picked up my Mdx with navi & Res. I asked for a free cargo net and moonroof visor but dealer would only give the cargo net upon recieving a perfect Acura survey. Is this a common experience?
We did not experience that. I call that bribery (to be polite) or actually extortion and I am not sure it is even legal. I would report the bribe to Acura national ASAP in writing and CC a copy to your local dealership.

#3 ·
PS: I noticed that this is your first post ...

... welcome to the group:cool:

#4 ·
leemdx said:
The dealer is making over $4k and they can't even give out a $40 accessory without resorting to this tactic.:mad: Another bad Acura dealer experience!!
I would refuse the net (under $40 incl shipping from Tim) and give them the survey they deserve!

#7 ·
Leemdx,

You were bribed by a worm dealer. The tactics to insure good surveys are sickening and have been the subject of interesting discussion (link below). I hope that you told your dealer exactly what he could do with his accessory and that your survey results would reflect your experience--which was hampered by an attempted bribe.

Welcome to MDXville. You bought a great vehicle that you will only love more as you spend time behind the wheel.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9841&highlight=survey

#12 ·
leemdx said:
Congratulations and welcome leemdx. I haven't heard of this tactic by a dealer. Where's hockeyplayer???

leemdx, What rating did you give them?

#13 ·
Wecome to the group, leemdx,
Originally posted by BaldEagle Welcome leemdx.

Tell the dealer that the price for a perfect Acura survey just went up. For nothing short of side steps . . .
. . . and a partridge in a pear tree . . .:2:

#14 ·
I had the same thing happen to me when I went to go pick up my MDX... I asked the sales rep for some touch up paint and he said he'd have to look into that... 10 mintues later when we're sitting at his desk doin the paper work and givin him the check, he pulls out the touch-up paint FROM HIS DESK and says oh here's ur touch up paint and also Acura will be calling you within 5 days for a survey... if you could please give me a 5, i dont know its weird, if you give me a 4 or something, u get a zero... i was like dont worry... it'll be 5s all the way down. The sales rep was awesome throughout the whole buy so he was obviously gonna get 5s, but what he did kinda made me... mad? i dont know, but it wasnt cool. It's wrong to bribe people, but hey... i got touch-up paint... how much is that worth anyways? eh... he was a good guy and he deserves all 5s, but i just didnt like they way he approached the survey part... i'm lovin my new NBP/Ebony X guys... it is absolutely unbelievable... drive to believe... my God is it great!!!!! later...

#16 ·
NO WAY!!!! I know the Mercedes SUV sucks, some of my friends have bought it and they are not too happy with it, and i have always hated it. Mercedes quality is going down a lot! Acura was mainly my first choice.

#17 ·
Leemdx,

Well, what can I say. I got my car from a dealer that has a bad reputation in terms of inflating prices and forcing options and all that stuff. Well, they gave me zero hassle for telling them I want an MDX with NO accessories, and they gave me the MSRP price straight up, no bull. And then, 1 day before picking it up, I asked the sales manager to throw in free wheel locks and free cargo cover, and he agreed right away. We all know that dealers charge crazy amounts for accessories, so let's look at Tim's price on hondacuraworld. The wheel locks are like 35 bucks I think, and the cargo cover is 118. Not bad to get those for free eh? I wanted to ask for free all-weather mats but eh, I decided that's maybe pushin' it. Especially after I got them to half the margin they were getting on the money factor.

What burns me is, just yesterday, I learned that a good friend of my gf knows the dealership's general manager really well! ARGH! If I had known earlier...I probably woulda gotten at least 1000 off MSRP, and free oil changes. Darn. Oh well, next time. :(

Oh wait, he DID say he also knows the manager of the service dept. Hmm...maybe I'll get major discounts on all service related stuff after all. :4:

#18 ·
oh, man...

i HATE stories like this... this is why i only deal with hopkins acura in redwood city, ca... they just DO grade 5 work in both sales and service so they don't have to blackmail or arm-twist anyone... all they've ever asked me to do was please complete the survey when acura calls.

#19 ·
I didn't get free accessories - instead, they screwed me over with the financing by not giving me the special 3.99% rate through Acura. Instead, they put me through Chase so they can make an additional $1800 on top of the sale price - invoice figure.

When I left, the dealer told me that I have to rate them a 5 in every category. A 4 doesn't mean anything for them... I'm going to call Acura Client Services and tell them how I really feel.

#20 ·
MoogieBoogie said:
I didn't get free accessories - instead, they screwed me over with the financing by not giving me the special 3.99% rate through Acura. Instead, they put me through Chase so they can make an additional $1800 on top of the sale price - invoice figure.

When I left, the dealer told me that I have to rate them a 5 in every category. A 4 doesn't mean anything for them... I'm going to call Acura Client Services and tell them how I really feel.
:mad:

What did they mean "have to rate them a 5 in every category"? If they told me that, they would "have to" pull my foot out of their @SS! I would especially complain or at a minimum seek a reason of why you were not offered the 3.99% rate via Acura.

That stoy just makes me :3:

#21 ·
That's what my sales rep told me too... i was kinda pissed that he had to say something like that. Why not just have us tell the truth? If they were a good sales rep, then they will get 5s. If they did not do their job as I expected, then they got their rating accordingly. I hate things like this.

#22 ·
I waited 2 months for my Mdx with $500 disount. The sales rep was pretty courteous overall until I asked for the free accessories. He told me he could easily sell it to someone without giving out any discount or accessories. Anyway, thats when he only offered the cargo net upon receiving a perfect survey. I would have to go back to the dealer to get the cargo net after they receive the perfect survey. Now, I'm debating whether I should give him that perfect survey.

#23 ·
m2pc said:

:mad:

What did they mean "have to rate them a 5 in every category"? If they told me that, they would "have to" pull my foot out of their @SS! I would especially complain or at a minimum seek a reason of why you were not offered the 3.99% rate via Acura.

That stoy just makes me :3:
I just called Acura Client Services and they told me that they can't do anything about the financing. Geez, what is their function anyway? If they have no control over the business practices of the dealership (what they told me), then what is their purpose?

When I purchased a BMW, the dealer told me that BMW would be calling me or sending out a survey. That's it. I rated them with the highest score in all categories because I was happy with the overall experience.

Anyway, for those purchasing or soon purchasing, keep in mind the dealerships have a lot of control over finance rates, and you should negotiate your rate, because the lower the rate, the less money they make from commission. I now see why they always ask if I'm financing or not when I start negotiating the price.

#24 ·
No way Jose

leemdx said:
I would have to go back to the dealer to get the cargo net after they receive the perfect survey. Now, I'm debating whether I should give him that perfect survey.
Some things you just got to stand up for on principle - this is bribery plain and simple. I'd rip them on the survey (for the bribe alone) and get a net from Tim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.