Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen one MDX with the gold emblems and/or grill insert (live or in pictures). Has anyone put these on a RedRock Pearl X? Any opinions one way or the other on how they look? Pictures would be nice.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i've seen those on night hawk black mostly, looks very sharp and nice... have yet to see one on red rock pearl though, i would rather have the silver-finished version (the original), since personally i think gold+red isn't a good combination... just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
rghouz01 said:
I have not seen one MDX with the gold emblems and/or grill insert (live or in pictures). Has anyone put these on a RedRock Pearl X? Any opinions one way or the other on how they look? Pictures would be nice.
I think the combination is great. A neighbor had a RedRock with Gold. He has since moved, or I would attempt to get a pic.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Technically speaking . . .

jj_mdx said:
... have yet to see one on red rock pearl though, i would rather have the silver-finished version (the original), since personally i think gold+red isn't a good combination... just my 2 cents...
. . . you're right, red & gold isn't a good combination, but Cardinal & Gold is an excellent combination !!! Oh btw, burnt orange & white isn't a good combination either . . .:D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
rghouz01 said:
We considered it on our Mahagony. Decided against it for two reasons; 1) Cost and 2) I thought there was too much silver trim left over. In other words I think either all silver or at least mostly gold, but not half and half.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, that's the same rationale I had with my black pearl.
Acura should come out with a COMPLETE gold kit.....that would be sharp!!
Silver+Gold+whatever just doesn't look right to me. In fact, on lots of other cars, it looks just as bad.
Plus, if you go ahead and get the gold kit, and then decide to have the other parts plated in gold, you can bet your last dollar that they won't be an exact match. Even if they were, they will probably "fade" or "weather" at different rates.
Then it looks REALLY bad......
.....just my .02.....:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Gold Emblem

the ONLY reason I did not move forward on the Gold Emblem accessories is because the chrome handles, the wheels and other options like the stainless steel Maniks will totall conflict with the way the gold accessories are on the MDX..

I prefer to stay with the stainless steel chrome look myself actually.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I agree...

Fireblade6 said:
the ONLY reason I did not move forward on the Gold Emblem accessories is because the chrome handles, the wheels and other options like the stainless steel Maniks will totall conflict with the way the gold accessories are on the MDX..

I prefer to stay with the stainless steel chrome look myself actually.
It will look much better if it is either all gold or all chrome but not mixed. Personally, I prefer all chrome.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
since I have gold, here's a pic

Here's a pic of gold on Black. These were taken last October - the day I got the MDX (no Zaino)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
front

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
here's a better pic w/o too much glare - also after Zaino

Attachments

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
the dealer used gold letters inside a silver frame in the rear - which is different than the normal gold kit, but since didn't pay for the gold kit, I didn't complain.

·
Registered
285 Posts
DaleB said:
Looks nice, but see MDXs on here all the time. What really impressed me are those protected mail boxes on your block.
those are kind of standard here... they just wrapped the regurlar mailbox with some leftover bricks... guess there are too many bad drivers here in texas that we need special protection for our mailboxes...:D

as i mentioned before, i think gold on black will be a nice combination, as proved by these pretty pictures courtesy of texrb...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Gold on MB

I just came back from a trip to Chicago. While I was there, I rode behind a Mesa Beige w/ the gold package. I never saw what it looked like from the front, but from the rear I really thought the gold was striking against the MB color. :29:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
rghouz01 said:
............ Has anyone put these on a RedRock Pearl X.
I saw a RedRock Pearl with Gold emblems today and it looks VERY nice :4:

Of course I am partial to gold emblems, having them on both my MDX & RX & previous Accord..............

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Texas

You know what??? I like Texas...I used to love visiting Dallas FortWorth and Highland Parks.

People there are so nice.:4:

(sigh)...Texas...big house, big cars, big highways, big steaks, big beers...big state....I LOVE IT!

"Don't Mess with Texas!"

:cool:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Texas

Fireblade6 said:
You know what??? I like Texas...I used to love visiting Dallas FortWorth and Highland Parks.

People there are so nice.:4:

(sigh)...Texas...big house, big cars, big highways, big steaks, big beers...big state....I LOVE IT!

"Don't Mess with Texas!"

:cool:
Do you mean big homes? or the 'big house'.....
Homes are cheaper there too, but what esle is new?
Don't tell me you are considering moving out of San Diego!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hiya Dale

Hello there Dale-

How are you? my fellow Manik bethren... No...just feeling nolstagic...Used to date a Texas belle that was from Highland Parks.

You are right...There are big houses and not home.

But as far as moving out of San Diego....The city has to be submerged under the pacific for me to do that...hehehe:p

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Hiya Dale

Fireblade6 said:
But as far as moving out of San Diego....The city has to be submerged under the pacific for me to do that...hehehe:p
I don't blame you. San Diego is beautiful! (Except for the NFL team :D )

1 - 20 of 32 Posts