Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not a Ex :)
But going on road trip with my wife and little one to florida, in the X. Any last minute items I should think about??? Got a thermoeletctric cooler. Got cell phone. carcharger. foodstuff. Got jumper cables. the alll important Duct tape. gloves, that plasticky shiney blanket. some straps.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rvehock said:
Full size spare?:rolleyes:
I asked Tim about it but realized even if I ordered it would not reach here on time.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A2MDXer said:
Review and update the CD collection. Eliminate any that have been in the X for the last two weeks. Oh - and bring the sunglasses and something to drink!
LOL I just did that I have a stack of CD I had in the X, I am burning cd's full of mp3s to use in my portable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
How old is your little one? Perhaps you need a portable DVD player to her/him entertained. Of course, that necessitate a stack of kids DVDs too!

We are planning a road trip in a couple weeks. I've got the kids Gamecube hooked up to the portable DVD player, so that will keep them going for a good long time. Heck, I may have to sit in the back for awhile for a break.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,724 Posts
Look, if you're takin' duct tape, you HAVE to take WD-40 also. They go together like fire and ice! :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Maybe some type of body armor for the X. (We used to live in FL.) Since you have an out of state license plate, get ready to be cut off many times and don't expect to see turn signals.;)

Don't forget the baby's big sun hat and plenty of quarters for all the new tollbooths.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
This is our must have in each car:
Emergency triangles, flares, a high intensity water proof flash light, tire repair kit, a small flash light for the glove compartment, lots of water, tire guage, tow straps, first aid kit, jumper cable, anti-bacteria wipes, insect repellent. Also check out my previous post on the headrest and earphone modification.

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5942

For Florida, get a sun shade for your windshield too. Have fun!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the suggestions, I just took a break from packing. Whew. Gonna throw the WD-40 in the back. I have a old solar powered vent fan you put it on the window glass and close it with the fan attached to it. It does a good job of venting hot air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Make sure you get some deer whistles. Small investment but worth it. My brother's Eagle Talon was totaled when he was driving from Chicago to New Jersey.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MDXtrous said:
Make sure you get some deer whistles. Small investment but worth it. My brother's Eagle Talon was totaled when he was driving from Chicago to New Jersey.
SHOOT Thats what I forgot to get when I went to Murray's ( I call it crazy guy). Oh well I might pick up one if I see it along the way.


TATA ALL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
Important Items

I was carry a portable air compressor that can plug into cigarette lighter. More recently, I found an electric power gun to remove lug nuts. It runs on the suv's 12 volt system thru the cigarette lighter, and it's amazing how much torque it delivers. It takes the lugs and wheel locks off with ease. Both of these items come in a travel case small enough to fit in rear compartment. Other than those items just a cell phone and tire gauge. That should cover all bases, you can always call acura care if you forget anything or are in need of anything!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Re: Important Items

paul123 said:
I was carry a portable air compressor that can plug into cigarette lighter. More recently, I found an electric power gun to remove lug nuts. It runs on the suv's 12 volt system thru the cigarette lighter, and it's amazing how much torque it delivers. It takes the lugs and wheel locks off with ease. Both of these items come in a travel case small enough to fit in rear compartment. Other than those items just a cell phone and tire gauge. That should cover all bases, you can always call acura care if you forget anything or are in need of anything!!!!
paul123,

Care to share more details?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,711 Posts
Probably one of these...

I saw these a while back:

http://www.mobile-mart.com/impactwrench.htm

http://www.3rivers.net/~cmac/impact.htm

Seem pretty neat, not exactly Milwaukee or Ingersol Rand or K&E ( http://www.mytoolstore.com/ke/w750hp6.html) quality, but certainly acceptable for undoing the lug nuts. (check this out -- 720 ft lbs. !! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004TI2A/bmwworld/102-1184520-6009722)

I have used my little el-cheapo 12 volt compressor more times than I care to admit, darned handy.


Though, truth be told, if I had the remote pressure senders I would probably never had needed the lil' pump -- and Illinois lawmakers were smart enough to require ALL gas stations to offer free air (though many places still have the 'drop a quarter' vend-a-pressors screwed to side of the store for folks willing cough up cahnge...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,732 Posts
Re: Probably one of these...

renov8r said:

I have used my little el-cheapo 12 volt compressor more times than I care to admit, darned handy.


ALL gas stations to offer free air (though many places still have the 'drop a quarter' vend-a-pressors screwed to side of the store for folks willing cough up cahnge...)
California came up with the same law, but it was amazing how many gas stations held out, relying on the public's ignorance. Of course they acted like " Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot to put the sign on, free air! " as soon as you threatened legal action.
BTW, the cheaper ($40) would be great for zipping those lug nuts off and on, I take it you would still use your hand torque wrench for a final setting (80 ft.lbs.). Does it adjust to a torque range?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
Re: Re: Important Items

MDXtrous said:

paul123,

Care to share more details?
I post some pics and get the names and manufacturers, I've had them for such a long time. I get back to you guys today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
Re: Probably one of these...

renov8r said:
I saw these a while back:

http://www.mobile-mart.com/impactwrench.htm

http://www.3rivers.net/~cmac/impact.htm

Seem pretty neat, not exactly Milwaukee or Ingersol Rand or K&E ( http://www.mytoolstore.com/ke/w750hp6.html) quality, but certainly acceptable for undoing the lug nuts. (check this out -- 720 ft lbs. !! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004TI2A/bmwworld/102-1184520-6009722)

I have used my little el-cheapo 12 volt compressor more times than I care to admit, darned handy.


Though, truth be told, if I had the remote pressure senders I would probably never had needed the lil' pump -- and Illinois lawmakers were smart enough to require ALL gas stations to offer free air (though many places still have the 'drop a quarter' vend-a-pressors screwed to side of the store for folks willing cough up cahnge...)
Those were some nice heavy duty ones, but the ones I bought were only $39.99 for the torque gun and $29.99 for the compressor, but that was at least 1 year ago. I'll post names and pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
Here's the compressor

compressor
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,809 Posts
Tire pressure

Pressure built in top of compressure
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top