Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we've got 2 CR-Vs, 1 MDX, and 1 Tahoe tagging along. E-mail me if you are interested in attending. Withlacoochee is about 1 hour west of Orlando on S.R. 50, lots of great trails to have some fun with in your VTM-4 equipped 'X.

We will be meeting at Classic Honda on Colonial Drive (aka S.R. 50) in Orlando around lunch time before convoying over, but the exact time is TBA.

BTW ladies, there will be 3 young, single doctors in attendance :p

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
REVISED SCHEDULE

The meeting time at Classic Honda has been moved up to 9 a.m. sharp so we can get back in time for Thai to watch the eventual losers to the Gators in the Rose Bowl (aka 'Canes :p ) kick off at 1 p.m. against the Hokies. So the schedule is as follows: meet at Classic Honda at 9 a.m., convoy over to the Withlacoochee S.F. (crater trail near I-75), arriving by approx. 10 a.m., have fun with VTM-4 until noon, then convoy back (with a stop off at the car wash :p ) in time for kick off.

Come on guys, surely there's at least ONE other 'Xer in Fla who isn't "chicken" :p Let your "medium-duty off-road capable" 'X run free and do what it was DESIGNED to do! Withlacoochee is FREE and only about an hour from Tampa, so you guys over there (and I know who you are :p ) have NO excuses. Besides, the look on the faces of the Jeep and ATV drivers when they see a bunch of Hondas show up on their turf is absolutely priceless, so come and join the fun! Ahhh, the fresh air, the pine trees, the eagles soaring overhead, the rumble of the tires as they tenaciously grip the muddy trails! What a wondrous place to meditate upon the meaning of GoongalaGoonga :p Remember, the mud washes right off, but the memories will last a life time :D

P.S. I'll bring the Gatorade, original lemon-lime of course :cool:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Your Off-Road Meeting..

Gator, I guess a Hokie is going to have to come down there and show you guys how to really do "medium-duty off-road X'ing" :D :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Your Off-Road Meeting..

VA Tech Hokie said:
Gator, I guess a Hokie is going to have to come down there and show you guys how to really do "medium-duty off-road X'ing" :D :D
Yeah, it's looking like I will be outnumbered by CR-Vs :( But hey, if the local 'Xers are too scaredy-cat to take their 'Xs off-roading, I won't hold it against them :D [Read: My desperate and pathetic attempt at reverse pyschology :p ]
BTW Hokie, it's only about a 15 hour drive for you, right? :p They've got some great deals going on at the Disney resorts these days, so why not take Friday and Monday off and come on down and have some fun with your 'X! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Trip to Florida...

Gator, thanks for the invite, but unfortunately I cannot drive my MDX to Florida this weekend, because currently it is on the delivery truck to the dealer right now and will not arrive at the dealer until about Friday... Fortunately, in only a few hours.... IT WILL BE HERE!!!! yea!!! :D :D :D :D Now I am torn between cruising in the 'X' all day Saturday or staying home and going to the garage to admire the 'X', while watching the #1 football team probably destroy my "hokies".... Oh well, I guess the "Gator Bowl" ain't a bad place to be on Jan 1..... I guess the "Gator Bowl" was named after you... HA! :D :D :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Trip to Florida...

VA Tech Hokie said:
Gator, thanks for the invite, but unfortunately I cannot drive my MDX to Florida this weekend, because currently it is on the delivery truck to the dealer right now and will not arrive at the dealer until about Friday... Fortunately, in only a few hours.... IT WILL BE HERE!!!! yea!!! :D :D :D :D Now I am torn between cruising in the 'X' all day Saturday or staying home and going to the garage to admire the 'X', while watching the #1 football team probably destroy my "hokies".... Oh well, I guess the "Gator Bowl" ain't a bad place to be on Jan 1..... I guess the "Gator Bowl" was named after you... HA! :D :D :D
Oops, sorry, didn't realize you were still 'X-less. But Friday is actually just in time! You could just pop a few No-Doz and pull an all-nighter to get to Withlacoochee by Saturday morning :D I can't think of a better way to break in a new 'X :p

BTW, I'll be rooting for your Hokies to knock off the 'Canes and put the Gators back on top where they rightfully belong. I'd love to see the 'Canes play in the Gator Bowl against the 'Noles while the Gators play for the nat'l championship in the Rose Bowl. That would be perfect! :p

·
Registered
250 Posts
Gator Bowl..

Gator,

Unfortunately for you, the Hokies have already gotten the "Canes" spot in the Gator Bowl. This was announced on Monday, yet both FSU and Tech have one game left. I guess the
Gator Bowl folks already figured the outcome of the Tech game.
Of course, it may rain here on Saturday and any time the weather
conditions are a little bad, anything can happen. The hokies have been hoping for snow here, hoping this would impact the
warm weather folks....

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LAST CALL!!

This is the last call for tomorrow's off-roading trip to Withlacoochee. In addition to free Gatorade, any 'Xer who shows up tomorrow morning will receive an "MDX" cap for FREE :p (max 5). I got them courtesy of Don Mealey Acura to give away at the St. Augustine event planned for February, but at this point it's looking like there will be plenty to go around :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts