Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the GMT time is PDT+7 hours.

Other than that, site upgrade looks fantastic. If it hasn't been said enough, great site for MDX (and maybe Pilot) information on the web.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
What time is it anyway?

www.time.gov

By the way those who have the Navi always have the correct time:2: The navi is syncronized to the Atomic Clock:5:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: What time is it anyway?

msu79gt82 said:
www.time.gov

By the way those who have the Navi always have the correct time:2: The navi is syncronized to the Atomic Clock:5:
Where'd you read that? That would be great, but if it's true, why does the navi have a setting to adjust the time? Is that just for people who want their clock a few minutes fast? And why does it need to be manually adjusted for daylight savings time?

Just wondering.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Re: Clock accuracy

I'm not sure I can answer your questions; obviously the clock does not adjuct to DST or time zones automatically. Nor have I read anywhere that it is synchronized.

However I HAVE observed that the minutes changes exactly when the atomic clock's seconds hits 60. On both my MDX and my TL-S the minutes change in sync with the atomic clock. I have been observing this for about 7 or 8 months now; long enough for it not to be coincidence.

So I guess the navi clock is not actually reading the time off the satellite, so much as it is kept in sync to it???
In any event the navi keeps perfect time which to me is way cool:D :cool: :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the time going to be changed at the bottom or not ??

Admin:

Like I mentioned before and kullenberg mentions it too....

GMT == PDT + 7
GMT == PST + 8

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The *time* on the board is *correct*. It's the -7/-8 that's not. Am I missing something important here...cuz I just can't keep from thinking "BFD".

·
Registered
62 Posts
It should be -7 not -8, but the time is right for PDT. I agree with message above, no BFD.

Let's all just read it as PT is -8 GMT (or Zulu or UTC), and the clock is then adjusted for daylight savings time by +1 hour.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The time is correct from my view

The time displayed is correct when I view it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts