Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? The car seems very solid in all other aspects but a slight rattle in the Glove Compartment door seems out of line.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Not a problem here

The glove box should not do this. I recommend getting it checked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too have noticed that my glove compartment is not aligned properly. It is not flush with the dash on the left side. However, I have not noticed a rattling sound. I suggest you take it to the dealer and they can probably stop the noise but it might still be out of line. My dealer's service dept. couldn't seem to fix it completely.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glove Rattle was Fixed - now back again

The dealer fixed the rattle in my glove box, but it's back. They indicated that they adjusted the "striker plate". Does anyone know how to do this. I don't want to haul it in if I can help it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Me too!

I have a glove compartment rattle, too. See also.

Since the glove compartment rattle was the more minor part of Machen's problem, he never really responded with more detail on the glove compartment fix. He did give a service tech contact, though:
My service representative's name was Travis. The technician's name at Sterling McCall is Edward. The number for the service department is (713) 596-2300.
I never called...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
671 Posts
The left side of mine also looks misaligned - but no rattle. I'm going to stop at the dealership and look at the alignment on other MDXs (They have some these days!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts