Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out the best way to get wiring through the firewall? Is there already a place to pass more wires through, or did you drill a new hole-and what area did you do it in?

I'm trying to run wires for transmission fluid temp sensor, and electric brakes.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I sold my MDX, so can't go out in the driveway to check - but generally I'll just look from the engine side of the firewall for other wires / cables / hoses that go through near where I'd like to run the new wire. Most times you can figure out a way to either stuff another wire or two into an existing feedthrough, or worse case, poke a hole in the feedthrough for the new wire. The one trick is to not install a new wire so that it runs DOWN to the feedthrough, or water might tend to run down it and through the firewall if there's any daylight around the wire / cable / hose.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Other than sticking a straight pick through the main harness rubber gromnet that passes through the firewall (bulkhead) and needle-pointing your wire into it, well...habbyguy told ya the truth.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't spent a long time searching yet, but from just a 10 minute look over the engine and across the firewall, I can't find any wire entry points yet. The brake booster may make it hard to see. And I figured wires may enter behind the front fenders inside the wheel wells so I may need to take the splash guards off for a better look.

This doesn't surprise me. I spent probably 15 hours over several months figuring out how to get the wires through the firewall of my Pathfinder without drilling a new hole.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I'll look for those areas specifically. I wonder if some of them are under the plastic bonnet cover at the base of the window.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The circles with a line going through them will tell you where to look. Big rubber boot. Sorry for the redundant image posts...I'm new here, dang it!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Should be in the engine bay/firewall. At least one of them. I'd shoot for the driver's side, lotta wires go to the left side...less junk over there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking at it, what you want is the 'left engine compartment wire harness' (as labelled in the schematic) leading to the driver side fuse box. Might be easier to find under the dash first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts