Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to get wiring thru the firewall so i can connect auxiliary driving lights?

i looked underneath/ in the footwell after removing the cover of the fusebox etc. but still can't fish a coat hanger thru anything that i see.

thanks in advance,

chris

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Original I thought you are trying to HACK into someone's computer by breaking thru the firewall..... :p

oops.. can't help you~~~ I have no idea about those wiring thru firewall as well.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
2 easy ways

1) What DaleB said, along the steering column fish the wire through with a coat hanger.

2) Place a small slit in the thin plastic wall and fish the wires through that way.

Both methods work equally well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
success!!

thanks to the advice of my fellow MDXers, i was able to successfully install my PIAA blue ion driving light kit.

there is a large grommet ( about 4" in diameter ) located about a foot and a half to the left of the steering column. a very large # of wires are run thru it. i very carefully poked a hole with an awl thru the grommet about 1/2 " from the wire bundle ( this method was given by slackass in a previous post ). i then fished a wire thru and into the engine compartment. i was then able to follow the PIAA instructions.

thanks again to all!,

chris

:7: celebrate life!

p.s.- the PIAA blue ion driving light kit was purchased from our fellow MDXer, manus1980-at a great price, with fast shipping and great advice.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
cmdpm,

Make sure you have a good secure grounding. Aim the lights slightly downwards so as not to blind on coming traffic.

I had to put a set on my sister's Explorer because the stock lamps are so dim and it wasn't worth investing the money for real HIDs. I was driving down a poorly lit side road along 9w at night and a deer ran out in front of the Explorer and I stopped within inches of hitting the darn beast. I truly belive if it wasn't for the light kit I wouldn't have seen the deer in time. Saved the deers life and paid for itself several times over in the damage costs saved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts