Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I decided to buy a 2002 MDX Touring/Nav. Exterior color wasn't important, except not black since we plan on moving to Albuquerque in a couple of years. The interior definitely had to be saddle!

THANKS TO THIS FORUM, I was prepared for my goal: Get an MDX, at no more than $500 over MSRP BEFORE Dec 21, 2001!

Using all the info I could extract from this forum, I was able to understand the scams...uhhh sales tactics, options and their real value, and purchase strategies.

Then I went to the Acura web site and requested Quick Quotes from almost every Acura dealer in CA, plus the one in ABQ. I got a lot of responses and had many phone calls. One local dealer had a unit in stock and offered what amounted to $1600 of options for $3941. Another came back with "MSRP, no forced package, 10 month waiting list"!!

I got everything in between, but no one meeting all criteria, until yesterday. Solano Acura called and said they have a unit, expected delivery date, Dec 17. The price works out to $275 over MSRP! I said, "Send me a confirming e-mail, with the VIN, and we have a deal." About an hor later, I got the email and the VIN fits the pattern. It's number 4671. Does that sound reasonable?

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yea -- that's a good deal -- and surprising since I would think Solano @ that price would be sold out; they've had a multi-month waiting list since the MDX launched over a year ago. We bought ours there last year and were happy w/them. Are you getting flaps, locks and cargo cover w/that? That was the deal on the 01s anyway (although there was a report of MSRP+ from a user).

I'd jump all over that. Who's the salesperson (Anita/Debbie?)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Package has wheel locks, mud guards and the cargo cover. I requested the cargo liner and they agreed. I worked with Dan Niemann.

It's kind of fun to buy a car with email, and phone, without going into the "box" at a dealership!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts