Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 1/2 months wait, taking delivery of my "X" tomorrow at 2:00. It is a Silver Touring with Nav and no accessories. Have already order my first batch from Tim. Also got a lot of Zaino on the way.

My dealer is David McDavid in Austin, Texas and so for, have been treated professionally even with a very green salesguy. His heart and attitude seems to be in the right place. Probably won't last.

Paid MSRP with no forced add-ons and leasing from AHF. Got an average deal.

The wait and anticipation is about over so I'll be able to post with more authority and experience.

Thanks to this forum, I've never been so prepared for a new car. Thanks to everyone for all the info and opinions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I saw on Edmunds that the AHF money factor should be .0023 plus acquistion fee and security deposit. The residual should be 61%. My dealer, however, has been trying to mark up the money factor to .0027. How did you do? Thanks.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MDX88,

The first quote was a money factor of .0034 and a residual of 60% for a 48 month 12K per year lease. After I stopped laughing, the second quote was for a money factor of .0028 and the same residual. I make it clear I was going to another leasing company here in Austin for a whole lot less if that was the best they could do. The third and "final" offer was from the finance guy and it was a money factor of .0024 and a residual of 53.7%. Quite a drop from their original offer. It turns out the Sales Manager was making the first two offers. When the finance guy got involved, reason prevailed.

This offer was in line (slightly higher) with what I could have done elsewhere here locally so I accepted it. I had done business with AHF before and wanted to stay with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts