Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 dips about 2-1/2 inches at the rear bumper when I connect a trailer with 400 pounds of tongue weight.

Because the gen. 3 went to coil-over-shocks, the usual Air Lift and Timbren systems will not work. All the optional springs I find listed are for lowering, and that is clearly not what I want!

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

BP

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
If they are Coil-on-Shocks would a custom lift kit rise work? like these:

Obviously you would have to build them but with a solid aluminum block looks straight forward to me. Seems like the entire unit can be removed like the front shocks so a simple lift kit block might work:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
^That. But just keep in mind that you will then be sitting higher without a trailer, so your CG is higher and thus the rear end will likely be more wobbly (unless you do all 4 corners, then the whole car's CG is higher). You'll also change suspension geometry in general, but that's just something that comes with using spacers. I don't recommend going with a full 2" spacer, but perhaps 3/8"-1". You'll likely need longer bolts as well for the tophat. Since you would be the first, you'll need to likely take off the suspension to get the pieces custom fabricated or find junkyard/spare parts to send to a fabricator.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I think it's a dead end at this point. What someone needs to do is make a remote preload adjuster, like this one for motorcycles:

Maybe with Pilot and Ridgeline joining the ranks, it will come to pass.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts