Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will have to remember them. It should be easy as I am moving to that area next month. They may be the closest dealer.

Not wanting to drive all the way to the Acura dealer or even the Honda dealer I stopped at the Subaru, Toyota, VW dealer to see if they had the right bulb. Turns out that VW uses the same bulb in one of their cars. $1.70 from them.

So its fixed! Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
shifter light

I remove the chrome plate but still cannot pull the (plood-Plastic wood piece), am I missing something? Help, need to replace shifter light
Warzau said:
Part number 35505-692-003

As removing center console easy, grab the plood ( plastic wood trim) on the underside toward the cup holder ( you can remove the cup holder by pulling straight up. Then SLOWLY go around both sides follow the trim and pull straight up you can use popsicle stick or other non-marring object to wedge under. Work towards the front of the trim then remove completly by unplugging the heat seater switches. The light bulb is on the left side. Remove, replace bulb and reverse the removal. this is a great time to clean the edges of the trim and center console of crumbs and dirt.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Re: shifter light

pclemg said:
I remove the chrome plate but still cannot pull the (plood-Plastic wood piece), am I missing something? Help, need to replace shifter light
Try pulling out the cup holder first and then pry up on the corners to release the tabs on the "Plood"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Re: shifter light

highmath said:

Try pulling out the cup holder first and then pry up on the corners to release the tabs on the "Plood"
I had pull the cup holder out, but could not budge the plood, even with a screwdriver. Is there a technique that I am not familiar with? Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Re: Re: Re: shifter light

pclemg said:

I had pull the cup holder out, but could not budge the plood, even with a screwdriver. Is there a technique that I am not familiar with? Thanks!!
Did you remove the chrome trim around the shifter first?

EDIT I re-read your post. It might be grime holding it down. Try prying it from the cup holder area first.. Then work your way towards the front. There isn't anything else holding it down.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Here is a exploded view of the console.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Nevermind. The 74LL bulb from AutoZone does work as a replacement, but it was a tight fit to get it in the socket. They only sell them in packs of two for $4.99, so now I have a spare. Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys are awesome. You have no idea how much this post helped me with the wife. She was so annoyed with the light being out and Acura service wanted nearly $200 to change it! Took me all of 10 minutes and a $3 bulb.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Nevermind. The 74LL bulb from AutoZone does work as a replacement, but it was a tight fit to get it in the socket. They only sell them in packs of two for $4.99, so now I have a spare. Tom

I confirm the Sylvania 74LL bulb works. I just changed the Gear Indicator Backlight on my 2002 MDX tonight. The two-pack cost $5.99 from my local auto parts store.:29:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had to get mine changed. The 37LL and 74LL were a tad bit too big, so the guy at Advanced Auto got me a 2721LL. Fit and works perfectly.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts