Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question how do I know or how can I see what gear the car is in while driving?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Are you asking about 65MPH or 30MPH? I never bothered to care. With modern automatics today their really good at selecting the correct gear for the current speed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just in general I’d like to know the gears I’m in. I’m not having problems just like to know.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The information is not readily available. I suppose if you had a scan tool you might be able to see what the PCM is telling the transmission to do.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I haven't tried; but, would the gear show in the M.I.D. if you switch from "D" to "S" for using paddles only to shift?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll play with it. And see. I like knowing my gears but I’m a gear head this is the wife’s car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't tried; but, would the gear show in the M.I.D. if you switch from "D" to "S" for using paddles only to shift?
Yes it Does show in the Dash MID when you select S and use the paddle shifters. Keep in mind, when you select S mode, AND use the paddle shifters, you will be required to manually shift the tranny with the shifters. There are safety measures that will up shift the tranny if it is in too low a gear and the RPMs hit 7000 or so. Selecting D mode again brings everything to full automatic. I use the S mode periodically without the paddles to restric the 9 speed Tranny. it shuys down the 2 upper gears for more torque, but burns more gas. You can also try selecting the Sport Dynamics mode which also affects the shift points, throttle, and steering / handling (damping) and S drive mode using the paddle shifters for a more sporty driving experience, again at the sacrifice of ride comfort and MPGs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks yep that works. I was manly wondering if it was going into 9th gear. Not having any issues just thinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts