Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded my 2001 MDX-Touring for a 2002 CRV EX. I was just wondering if there are any website, such as this informative site, for the 2002 CRV? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Honda SUV site

Macky said:
I recently traded my 2001 MDX-Touring for a 2002 CRV EX. I was just wondering if there are any website, such as this informative site, for the 2002 CRV? Thanks in advance.
www.hondasuv.com is a great site for the CRV and it has a fabulous section called "Road Trips" giving details of various off-road trails around the country (in fact I came to know about this site from there) www.rav4world.com led me to hondasuv and that in turn led me here!

.....but I still think this site is by far THE BEST I've come across, period!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Macky said:
Hey Macky, yes the hondasuv.com site that vicpal mentioned is by far the best that I'm aware of, tons of great info on the CR-V, especially the 1st gen. There is a seperate 2nd gen forum there that is beginning to pick up steam.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$20,880 for a 2002 CRV EX

Of course I traded in my 2001 MDX for much less than what is in KBB (traded it in for $32,500). The only thing to remind me of my MDX is its cargo net which fits the CRV.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I do not understand the appeal with the CR-V?? It looks so awkward and small in comparison to the MDX. I am sure it has good off-road performance and the overall economy is better than the MDX. I saw a 2002 CR-V EX in Tampa last month and it looked better than the older CR-V but it still does not represent the level of luxury that the MDX does IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
rvehock,

I agree. I'm in the market for a 2003 MDX myself, but my wife is looking for a smaller SUV. She currently drives a 1992 Honda Prelude and wants to stay in the Honda family. She also doesn't want a car that is so low to the ground anymore. The Honda CR-V Ex is the best choice, since she feels the MDX is just to big a vehicle for her.

Golf

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

www.hondasuv.com is the best CR-V Exchange I found. I have been frequent visitor of that web site for the past year. I had a 1999 CR-V EX up until March 1st...my boyfriend totaled it in an accident...he's okay. Since then though, I have purchased a 2002 MDX, which I love and the size is nicer for me. Anyhow, the guy (Bing) who does the hondasuv.com is working on having the site upgraded, due out this month, so keep visiting. The only downside I found to his 'upgrade' is that you have to pay a membership fee now for the message boards, which is about $40 or $50. :rolleyes: hmmm...

-MDXRULES :)

PS-Why did you decide to trade in the MDX for the CR-V? Just curious.

PPS-Here is a pic of my totaled CR-V. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply mdxrules. I think your confusing me with macky on trading the MDX for the CR-V. I'm going to buy a 2003 MDX and my wife is the one who wants the smaller CR-V. I found a dealer that is selling the 2002 CR-V EX auto $500 over invoice. Have yet to find anyone that can bet that.

Glad to hear your boyfriend survived the accident. Thank God for air bags.

Cheer,

Golf

·
Registered
679 Posts
rvehock said:
I do not understand the appeal with the CR-V?? It looks so awkward and small in comparison to the MDX. I am sure it has good off-road performance and the overall economy is better than the MDX. I saw a 2002 CR-V EX in Tampa last month and it looked better than the older CR-V but it still does not represent the level of luxury that the MDX does IMHO.
Hey rvehock, I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the level of luxury in the 'V equals that of the 'X. However, an argument can be made that the 'V has more features of a practical nature than the 'X, especially for a small family. Click here to see my previous comments in this regard:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4617

As for looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To my eye, the new 'V looks great

Attachments

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
RE: Consumer Reports

They liked and recommended the new CR-V, however it did not score as well as the RAV4 and the Forrester. Points-wise the RAV4 and Forrester were well ahead of the others.

The CR-V finished 4th or 5th I think overall I think.

·
Registered
679 Posts
msu79gt82 said:
They liked and recommended the new CR-V, however it did not score as well as the RAV4 and the Forrester. Points-wise the RAV4 and Forrester were well ahead of the others.

The CR-V finished 4th or 5th I think overall I think.
The 'V finished first in the May article, a head to head comparo against the Freelander, Liberty, Vue, and XL-7. The 2nd gen 'V also recieved the highest average score in a recent Truck Trend comparo against the Frellander, Escape, and RAV4.

While it is true that CR still gives more overall points to the RAV4 and Forester, it also gives more points to the Santa Fe (although they don't recommend it) which tells me that these people should stick to reviewing toaster ovens. It's hard to take an automotive review seriously that makes absolutely no mention of the engine's torque, arguably the most essential stat for an SUV.

As for the RAV4 and Forester, they finished #3 and #4 compared to the ready for retirement first gen V at #5 in C&D's "White Snow and the Eleven Dwarfs" review from March 2001 (the Tribape twins finsished #1 and #2). It is clear from looking at the scoring table that the 2nd gen 'V would now score well ahead of both the RAV4 and Forester, and probably the Tribape (which it already does according to CR and Truck Trend). The 2nd gen improvements are good for at least a one point increase in each of the following C&D categories IMO: engine, transmission, brakes, driver comfort, ergonomics, features and amenities, and fun to drive. Since the first gen 'V got 86 points, the Foreste got 88 points, the RAV4 90 points, and the Tribape 91, I predict that the 2nd gen 'V will win in the next comparison. I know the Forester is getting an update for '03, but from what I've seen it will not be able to match the 2nd gen 'V :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Justed wanted to add in response to Macky's original question that I have started my own cr-v website which will feature a forum modeled after and using the same vbulletin software as acuramdx.org The site is http://www.hondacr-v.org However, the forum section is still under construction but will hopefully be up and running by 4/9/02. I have done this because the owner of hondasuv.com has recently decided to charge $40/year in order to access the forum :mad: Tim has agreed to come on board with my new forum in order to provide CR-Vers with the same great service he does for acuramdx.org. I hope it will be as successful as this site :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts