Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mdx is a used one 2014tech...
It was in lease for a year and half before....by a CEO.

Unsure what fuel he used...

I use plus....shall I stick to plus our regular gas?
Thx

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah, mdxstang, premium for sure. And if you're gonna keep the car for a while, use TOP-TIER premium. Google "top tier gasoline" and see which ones are top-tier. They feature a more comprehensive additive package to protect your fuel system more and keep fuel tract cleaner.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are plenty of other threads on this endless debate. Read the owner's manual - it recommends premium with an octane of 91 or higher - go with that. Everyone has an opinion but the manufacturer recommendations trump what some random people posting on a blog have to say.
So the fact that previous owner could have used regular for 2 yr doesn't matter?
What I use now matters for longevity?

Yeah I'll hold on to this mdx for a long while.
Thx

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
So the fact that previous owner could have used regular for 2 yr doesn't matter?
What I use now matters for longevity?
You have no control over what was used before but if it was a lease by a CEO, i.e. where it and the gas may have been charged off to the company, there's a very good chance they used premium.

But that doesn't matter at this point since it's in the past. You should just use the 'recommended' fuel - premium. It'll help the vehicle perform at its peak capability and will avoid any kind of potential for long term damage due to using a fuel with a lower octane - i.e. regular, although the use of regular likely won't 'damage' the vehicle based on what's in the owner's manual.

If you're interested in pinching pennies despite having purchased a premium vehicle in the first place and want to get involved in the regular vs premium fuel debate you can visit those other threads where this topic is debated ad nauseam - there's no point in doing it all over again in a different thread (this one).

The bottom line - don't over-analyze - just go with what the manufacturer, who designed the vehicle, recommends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts