Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard rumors that some people get 20+ MPG on average combining city/fwy. :3: I get 14. Is something wrong? I drive normal, mostly fwy. The car has 1750 miles on it. I did note that right around 1000 miles things got much better. For a while I was getting about 12.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I haven't gotten any better than 15.1, according to the trip computer, but I honestly haven't calculated it the old-fashioned way...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Search and you'll find dozen's of posts on mileage....

-Greg

03 SS/Quartz/Nav/Res

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
murray,

do some search, you will find TONS of posts on it.

I had poor milage on the X until I had my first oil change.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
murray said:
I've heard rumors that some people get 20+ MPG on average combining city/fwy. :3: I get 14. Is something wrong? I drive normal, mostly fwy. The car has 1750 miles on it. I did note that right around 1000 miles things got much better. For a while I was getting about 12.
From an earlier post of mine last December:
" . . . I used the cruise control going up, (to Pleasanton from Fresno area set cruise control) at 80mph, trip computer said I was getting an incredible 23.6mpg. Really foul weather coming back so I didn't use the cc, stayed between 70-75mph and trip computer showed 22.6mpg. I rate this as excellent
Another observation, even though I switched from the Nav. function before leaving the mall to the trip computer, Sexy Sadie (my Nav. lady) still provided directions all the way home.

There is also another thread where ghost posted an excellent mileage chart.

·
Registered
410 Posts
14 mpg is lousy.

I've experienced highway mileage as high as 22.5 averaging 71 mpg. 15.5 pulling a 4,000 trailer (w/ an empty passenger compartment). Combo driving runs about 18 MPG. MPG continues to improve as I approach the 5K mark. I always burn premium fuel.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have kept careful records of my mileage. Total MPG after 6558 miles is 18.8. Driving is split 50/50 highway city. Generally I use 93 as the two stations closest to home do not have 91. I have not noticed a decline in mileage since winter hit New England.

Trip computer is not accurate and generally overstates the MPG. I generally refill, on average, after 325 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts