Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my MDX with an aftermarket gas cap that when you take it off you have no where to put it while getting gas. Bought an OEM cap with a string but there is nowhere to attach the plastic string to. What am I missing? Is something else broken off?
I have a 07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
798 Posts
It should plug into the side. Here is a pic:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. Mine seems to be missing a piece. Let me guess, I need a whole new door? My piece where that is supposed to go. It is split and missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
793 Posts
The gas cap with rubber cord is:
17670-T3W-A01
Part: CAP, FUEL FILLER $25.61

The gas cap clip is:
91594-SNA-A01
Part: CLIP, FILLER CAP $.23

I don't know which (above) parts you need, but the crack that you mentioned can be repaired with 100% Silicone (black) or 3M Structural Adhesive (white) #08101.

The 3M product accepts paint.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The clip popped on my 2007.The other night the tether jammed and kept me from being able to use either the tank release button or the manual release and thus unable to get gas.
Fortunately I made it home and then slid the crimp on a tube of polish behind the door at which point the manual release lever worked.

I used Sugru putty to reattach the tether and repair the cracked clip.

Sitting the gas cap behind the roof rack runners when gassing up has been pretty hick the past few months.

Anyone else remember the days of yelling to people "hey you forgot your gas cap?"

If yours is split as you say it sounds exactly like mine. Try Sugru it's great.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Try Sugru it's great.
I love that stuff but never tested it below freezing. Do you live in sub-freezing temps? I'm not sure how that would hold up against 0 degree weather and weather it will crack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.