Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been switching my software onto a new computer, and for days (weeks?) I've had my Garmin MapSource U.S. Roads & Recreation CD-ROM staged to install. So today I go to install it and POOF! it's nowhere to be found. I've got the manual, my registered serial number, and the jewel case, but no CD.*

Now this is no biggie because I have (a) an 'X with navi in which I do most of my driving, and (b) a StreetPilot ColorMap which I use for traveling. But I do use my trusty old III+ on my bike for routing, speedo, and odometer functions. And since I was going to go biking with a friend in Sacramento, I wanted to load some maps from the American River area. Those, of course, are on the CD I don't have.

Anyway, if anyone out there has a CD burner and v2.01 or later of MapSource U.S. Roads & Recreation, I will be happy to arrange some kind of trade involving, at minimum, a couple of bottles of nice wine. If you're interested send me a PM or email me.

Many thanks!!!!

--Marne

* I've also got my v4 and v4.01 North American CitiNavigator CDs for my StreetPilot and a WorldMap CD for European roads. But no US Roads & Rec CD. At least not that I can find.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind!!!!!

I found the disk. It was in a CD drive in the machine I had replaced.

Thanks anyway!!!

--Marne

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Shoot - I was going to send you a copy - want to send me a bottle of wine for my good intentions? :)

I do have a recommendation for you - grab a copy of GPS Utility at http://www.gpsu.co.uk/ It's great for uploading and downloading points from your PC. It's free for a limited version, or $40 for the whole enchilada. I'm impressed with how seamlessly it works.

Happy biking!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The road to wine is paved with good intentions!

Ghost: Thanks, both for the thoughts and the tip. Now, what kind of wine do you favor? Or do you like surprises???

--Marne

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
You're a gentleman as well as a scholar...

Cool! Well, we've been on a Merlot kick (late to arrive in the heartland), but certainly a surprise from a knowledgeable vintner like yourself would be more than welcome! (Flattery will get me everywhere, right?) :)

Hmm, I'll have to respond with something Minnesotan.
(Got snow???)

Hey I found on of the original threads that started off the wine thing:
http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2587

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anitoxidants a go go!!! Merlot and Blueberries!

Ghost: Great! I'll send you a good Merlot. Or a surprise. We'll see. Please email me your shipping address.

Also, thanks for the link. We have an acre or so at our vineyard property in which we're going to plant blueberries. I'll probably hit you up for some pointers!

--Marne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts