Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not entirely sure if it was there when I first bought the car but tonight I noticed it and now it's bothering me. I know the pic is not just great and I will post better pics of it tomorrow during the daylight. Do you guys see the lil gap between the headlight and bumper? Anyone have similar? I park it on the street and have not noticed any scratches on the bumper to indicate someone backed into it. If it's a factory fitment issue then fine - will ask dealer if they can adjust it next time I bring in the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Yeah sadly Acura panel fitment has been lacking for some time...
I think Acura hasn´t got used to Manufacturing the MDX in Ohio (Hey but we say USA Made is better right?) QC has been all over the place, the New Ridgeline had issues as well but that is to be expected with the introduction of a new model.

Take it to the dealership they even have some new procedures for Panel Fitment Fixes since it has been the Number 1 Problem in recent years.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Has the MDX production started in Ohio? I thought it was all still Alabama for now until we start seeing Ohio units pop up soon. And Ohio is just supplementing Alabama and Alabama is still the main production line [sadly]. I have an odd feeling that the delay of the Sport Hybrid goes hand in hand with Ohio units showing up (they may be producing the Sport Hybrid there and non Sport Hybrids in Alabama).

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I thought the new 17 was being made in Ohio now?.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I checked my 2016 and it has same problem, but I have made peace with all misalignments. I have rear passenger left door slightly misaligned, truck door is really off (at least 3-4 mm on each side near tail lamps), hood is also misaligned. I checked 2017 MDX that was on display at Orange County AutoShow and it had same problems. Acura fit and finish is really bad and quality has gone down significantly (USA made by guys on their smartphones and assembling cars). I have a 2007 CRV that was made in Japan (early production of the new model) and it's fit and finish beat Acura even after 10 years. I hope Acura take a note and may be Ohio built is slightly better than Alabama, but wish they could make MDX in Japan like RLX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts