Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I don't believe they want to satisfy!

It seems as if they have the attitude that they have a good product and we the public need it!!! Which is true in most cases they do have an excellent product but bad atitude. Acura needs to find out what's actually going on in their dealers. The dealer don't really care except for a few exceptions to the rule. More people need to contact the corporate headquarters and let them know what actually goes on. The false survey's are giving the corporate people the fake picture not reality!!!!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
False Surveys

It has been suggested that the "false surveys" are giving Acura the wrong impression.

Who do we have to blame?

I believe that those that accept dealer bribes to "overlook poor quality in the service area" contribute to this situation; HOWEVER; I can not blame them [they are entitled to make their own choice].

Catch 22 ????

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Re: False Surveys

srpbep said:
It has been suggested that the "false surveys" are giving Acura the wrong impression.

Who do we have to blame?

I believe that those that accept dealer bribes to "overlook poor quality in the service area" contribute to this situation; HOWEVER; I can not blame them [they are entitled to make their own choice].
I agree. I am not going to criticize anyone for getting something out of the process (e.g. free oil changes) but I don't think that the surveys serve the intended purpose if they are not accurate (i.e. dealers that offer free oil changes get better sales scores). So, you are right, if you give a dealer a "false" high score (on service or sales) then a later complaint about that service rings a bit hollow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just filled out my survey, and at the very end is Question 17: "May we share your individual opinions with your Acura dealer?" So it looks like your answers can be somewhat anonymous if you want them to be. Although corporate will know who you are since your name and VIN are on the survey. I'll find out in a few weeks if it's actually anonymous -- we'll see if my dealer calls asking why I didn't mark excellent everywhere. (BTW, I got no pressure or free oil change offers from the dealership to change my ratings.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I registered just to post my opinion on this. I own an MDX and TL.

If you trade free oil changes for the best opportunity you as a consumer will have to improve the way most Acura dealers have been treating their customer - YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL IDIOT!!!!

You forfeit any rights to ever complain about how you are treated by a car dealer. Enjoy your little windfall, you sold your soul for it.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Welcome kilroy, :)

Now that you're here, hang around for a while ...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Yes I sold my soul for a good reason-kilroy

I sold my soul so that I can document what the dealer has forced upon me. I am presently dealing with acura corporate headquarters documenting all the bribes that my dealer offered me. Acura corporate told me exactly what to do so they can fix this problem. So I wouldn't say that I'm a complete and total idiot. I actually think I'm the only one that the corporate office will have proof to document acura's procedures. Which we all know is not proper service techniques. I believe in the end I will make a difference! By accepting these items corporate can make a change! In addtion to recording which I supplied to them they directed me to try to negioate any deals possible to help the case.
If everything works out I'm hoping to get my extended warranty at no cost, and maybe they will throw in a 2003 MDX, I doubt it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Yes I sold my soul for a good reason-kilroy

paul123 said:
I sold my soul so that I can document what the dealer has forced upon me. I am presently dealing with acura corporate headquarters documenting all the bribes that my dealer offered me. Acura corporate told me exactly what to do so they can fix this problem. So I wouldn't say that I'm a complete and total idiot. I actually think I'm the only one that the corporate office will have proof to document acura's procedures. Which we all know is not proper service techniques. I believe in the end I will make a difference! By accepting these items corporate can make a change! In addtion to recording which I supplied to them they directed me to try to negioate any deals possible to help the case.
If everything works out I'm hoping to get my extended warranty at no cost, and maybe they will throw in a 2003 MDX, I doubt it.
Paul123,

I don't think your an idot - in fact, what your doing is great. What I am refering to are the people who eagerly accept these bribes -and then brag about it on the Acura forums. The next time the dealer hoses them, they can take solace in their free oil and air filter and tell themselves "it was worth it!".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Paul123--
Is corporate going to send you into the dealership wearing a wire while they wait outside in an unmarked van (or unmarked MDX)? Seriously, keep us posted on what happens.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
No it's not the cia or fbi

they just wanted to hear what the dealer wanted to offer for filling out survey on their behalf. I decided to hook up a small radio shack recorder with a mic in shirt. They said they would be interested in hearing so I sent it. They seemed to be pretty impressed. I keep you posted to the outcome.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Acura of the Desert called today, they wanted to know if Acura called me yet. I said no, should they?
Well, as soon as you buy a car they call to see if you are being treated well by the dealer.
I said, well, I guess I have but since I have never visited your dealership and will not until I pick up my car on Saturday, I can not tell them too much.
The dealer rep. said, that's fine, just tell them that, and that you can better judge our service after you arrive on Saturday.
I said, well sure I guess I can tell them that if it helps.
She said, oh yes it does, they are very persistent.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
DaleB,

Something smells real fishy here!!

Acura follows up AFTER you buy a vehicle. This is possible because the dealer supplies Acura with the information [e.g. Model, Vin, yada yada yada].

Soooooo, why would Acura be contacting you BEFORE you bought the MDX? The only thing that I can figure is that dealer has already reported to Acura that you bought the MDX!! Does the dealer have the vehicle? Have you signed the purchase agreement [with Vin, financing, etc.] all completed?

Sounds really strange to me!! Hmmmmm, maybe they needed the "sell" to make numbers for the month of April :confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
surveys

I'm waiting on my mdx to be built and delivered. This survey business is interesting - went through it when we bought our Chrysler T&C - which we sold on our own for $5,000 more than the Acura dealer offered us.
One member suggested wearing a wire - actually I do that all the time - I'm a fraud investigator (17 years).
I'd think that Acura would want to know the customer opinions after 1-2 years, when they really have seen what the dealership does - long after they've written that whopper of a check!

We've anxiously awaiting our new ride. In the meantime, we're driving old reliable - 1990 Honda Accord EX.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
surveys

I'm waiting on my mdx to be built and delivered. This survey business is interesting - went through it when we bought our Chrysler T&C - which we sold on our own for $5,000 more than the Acura dealer offered us.
One member suggested wearing a wire - actually I do that all the time - I'm a fraud investigator (17 years).
I'd think that Acura would want to know the customer opinions after 1-2 years, when they really have seen what the dealership does - long after they've written that whopper of a check!

We've anxiously awaiting our new ride. In the meantime, we're driving old reliable - 1990 Honda Accord EX.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
acura survey

Timely discussion.

Honda America called us a few days before we picked up - obviously, we had nothing to say.

A few days after we picked up, they called again. My wife took the call, and after having had a conversation previously during which our salesperson made excuses for 2 relatively minor but poorly excusable problems (for 40K I'd better be happy), she gave what were argueably scores somewhat, but not much, lower than deserved. He called us after a couple of days, very concerned, "what can I do?", but never apologized nor made a serious offer to compensate us.

Honda called back a week later. Nothing to report as to resolution of problems.

A month later I finally sent a letter to the sales manager after a call in which I felt our salesperson was lying or just didn't know what he was talking about. Turns out the latter was true. Ended up talking to the general manager.

I believe the issues are finally settled, in part because the general manager apologized (badly needed by this time), and offered to make amends. Honda hasn't called back again.

I'd almost rather they work on commission than deal with this crap.

Jon

41 - 56 of 56 Posts