Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wonder where this information comes from.... Cause some of it doesn't seem to verify what i've read elsewhere.

An example given in the article says that the Infiniti FX45 will be a 2004 model release, when I've read in numerous publications and official releases from Infiniti that the FX45 will be a 2003 model released in Jan '03. And the QX4/Pathfinder may have a redesign possibly based on the new Nissan large pickup that's being redesigned in 2003-04.

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Personally it makes sense, with Hondas restyling every 5 years.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I think more than anything......

........they're just basing their predictions on "educated guesses" based on past history of a manufacturer as well as the car industry norm of redesigning every 4-5 years, rather than any solid insider info!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Re: I think more than anything......

It is just like the software industry. All the real info is covered by NDA (non-disclousre agreements) because this stuff has economic ramifications for the whole company.

The reporters can gather some hints and fill-in some missing details with guesstimates, but no manufacture would give "carved in stone" dates to the press/public.

That said, I think the MDX redesign in '06 would be accurate. Like the Accord '03 redesign I predict it will be evolutionary, and disappoint some rabid fans, but mostly address likely competitive products. The basic size and structure are unlikely to change dramatically, but some features like "roll control" "adaptive braking/collision avoidance" "reactive seating structures" will probably be on tap...

vicpai said:
........they're just basing their predictions on "educated guesses" based on past history of a manufacturer as well as the car industry norm of redesigning every 4-5 years, rather than any solid insider info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts