Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am completely confused on how this fuse box on my 2010 mdx works. I have read various threads trying to figure out the answers but decided to just start another one to see if someone has an actual solid answer. My dash cam has a B+ and ACC wire. I wired the fuse tap to ACC to fuse 9 which is ACC socket and the B+ to Fuse 2 which is driver lumbar support. Dash cam turns on and everything works fine but then it doesnt turn off ever. It gets constant power. So I tried moving the ACC wire to other various fuses and it seems like they all get power. Finally I read that Fuse 23 (the empty slot one) is switched and I finally got my dash cam to turn off after ignition is out with the ACC on that fuse... but now... my climate control doesnt turn off whenever I turn off the car.

same issues as this thread...

Is there a correct way to wire a dash cam in these cars?

·
Registered
48 Posts
B+ needs an always-on fuse to tap into.
ACC needs a switched fuse to tap into
The ground should be run to a nearby chassis bolt.

Make sure your fuse taps are aligned for polarity properly, each slot has a + and a - side.

Get a 12v continuity test light to make identifying these slots easily.
My $0.02, hope this helps.

-Mojo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured it out, I removed the bottom fuse from my fuse tap and only left the top fuse to complete only the dash cam circuit and not complete the fuse #23 circuit.

·
Registered
353 Posts
hardwire it to the back of the power port plug thats in the center console, thats the way i have mine , no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts