Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Fully-loaded GG Touring/Nav

12K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  DaleB 
#1 ·
This is #1 in a series showing a GG Touring/Nav with most of the exterior accessories.

See less See more
#2 ·
#2 of the same series . . .

#10 ·
#10 (Interior shot from the driver's side. Simulated wood trim and surrounding ebony interior looks much brighter than in real life because a strobe was used.)

#11 ·
#11 and final photo (Interior from the passenger's side. Simulated wood trim and surrounding ebony interior looks much brighter than in real life because a strobe was used when the photo was taken.)

#12 ·
Great Shots

bilmat:
Nice post. Makes me feel like doing something similar instead of mostly just lurking. It was also helpful; you see how the front underbody protection looks from several angles. Thx, that and a trailer hitch usable only for a bike rack are possiblities. And an Acura extended warranty. Any suggestions on these?
As I checked out your pictures and saw many options I also have on my MB Tour/Nav 2 I wondered about side and back protection as well as the front. I have steps, not boards, which do a little something against cars but its just a matter of time until damage starts in suburban NY malls and NYC garages.

#13 ·
As I mentioned on the General Discussions board, I may have ProStripe molding installed on the sides next week to help protect against door dings. If I do, I'll take a couple of photos and post them here so others can see what it looks like. The running boards are virtually worthless in terms of protecting the sides against dings.

#16 ·
The MDX was purchased with the following accessories already installed: nose trim; running boards; fender flairs; moonroof visor; tailgate deflector; cargo cover; wood trimmed steering wheel; burl shift knob; rear mud flaps and wheel locks. I purchased the following item via mail order from Tim at HondaAcura World: wood meter panel trim; all-season floor mats; and the rear cargo mat. The wood meter panel trim, which attaches with two-way tape, only took about five minutes to install.

Last week I installed some dark gray (very close match to the ebony leather) high quality sheepskin seat covers on the two front seats that were custom cut for the MDX. Each cover includes a flap door on the outside portion of the seat backs to allow for the deployment of the airbag. The door is held shut with a few small pieces of Velcro, thus making it invisible to the eye due to the texture of the sheepskin. Should the side airbag deploy, it will cause the Velcro to separate and the flap door to open.

If I wind up adding ProStripe side body molding next week, I'll shoot a few more photos of the molding and sheepskins and post them here.

#17 ·
: D

GREAT PICTURES !!!!!

Love that wood trim w/ the steering wheel & burlwood knob.
I'm getting the steering wheel & probably going to add the dash kit from http://www.exoticwooddash.com

I'm going to get the Fender Flares painted silver to match my Starlight Silver MDX. Moonroof visor, tailgate deflector are a must too !

Are the mud flaps a strange color?
I don't think they match your specific MDX color, right?
Probably get those too....keep the rear of the truck from getting dirty & scratched up.

:D

#18 ·
I read in the Town Hall that others also are having their fender flairs painted the same color as their MDX. (Or maybe it was your post I read.) I had considered having mine painted GG, but wound liking the slight contrast in color between the flairs and the GG.

As to the rear mud flaps, I'm quite sure they only come in flat black, which is the color on mine. They are almost a necessity, otherwise rocks and stones will chip away at the paint on the lower panel behind the rear wheels.

Good luck with your SS. You are going to LOVE IT!

#19 ·
SIde Step or Running Board as Protection

bilmat said:
As I mentioned on the General Discussions board, I may have ProStripe molding installed on the sides next week to help protect against door dings. If I do, I'll take a couple of photos and post them here so others can see what it looks like. The running boards are virtually worthless in terms of protecting the sides against dings.
It was suggested to me that the side step or running boards would both stop an errant car door before it made contact with the MDX door. The main exposure would be to other SUV's.
Thx - 3 wks w/MB tour/nav + opts

#20 ·
I can't see how the running boards are going to stop much of anything. They only protrude out from the side of the MDX an inch, if that. In fact, if you site along the side of the vehicle, the edge of the board appears to be in line with the outside of the front and rear tires. Given that most car doors are somewhat concave, it seems likely to me that the first point of contact between someone else's car door and the side of the MDX would be roughly 18 inches or so below the door handle. Now I'm referring to the running boards. The side steps may protrude further, thus allowing greater protection.

#21 ·
Bumper Guard

Great pictures

Picking up a silver MDX this week.

I like the bumper.
Where do you get the bumper and how much is it ?
My dealer had no info on the bumper.

Also, thinking about prostripe add-on
would love see your pictures of it
and to know how that worked out for you.

Thanks - howieb@hotmail.com

#22 ·
Re: Bumper Guard

What you are calling a bumper guard Acura calls the "Lower Trim." It's a dealer-installed option that runs about $500. If you go to the Acura web site at http://www.acura.com and click on the MDX, you will be able to find a link that reads "Build Your Own." Then you can follow the instructions and load up the MDX anyway you want. The Lower Trim option is on the page "Exterior Accessories."

#23 ·
Hey Bilmat,
Could you offer any Pro/Cons on the Nav. system. I have yet decided to foot the extra $$ for the Nav. I had talked the a salesperson from where the new DVD updates are ordered from and she had said that most people are very dissapointed w/ the amount of information that was actually put into the upgrade for $150. You can e-mail me at pdonnellan@tommy-usa.com

Waiting w/ anticipation!!!!!!!

G
#25 ·
Hey bilmat, I am thinking of getting a Black MDX with fender flares. My question is would a side step or runningboard go better with the flares or which one looks better. And also with having the flares, would the car look weird without a lower trim? Thanx

#26 ·
As to choosing between the side steps and the running boards, it's purely a matter of taste. Many people feel, as do I, that the side steps make the MDX look more rugged, more like an off-road vehicle. As far as my personal taste is concerned, I like the looks of the running boards better. To me they look like they belong on a "luxury SUV."

The fender flairs come in only one color regardless of the color of the MDX. They are a medium gray, which means they would stand out more on a black MDX than one the color of mine (granite green metallic). Some people purchase the fender flairs, then have them painted the same color as their MDX. Again, it's a matter of taste.

As to whether the fender flairs might look strange or out of place without the lower trim, I don't think it would make any difference since the trim is primarily visible from the front while the flairs can only be seen from the side.

If you were to pose your question on the MDX forum at Edmund's web site, you're sure to draw several opinions. I suggest you give it a try. If you haven't visited that site, go to http://www.edmunds.com, click on "Town Hall," then search for the MDX board.

I don't see how you can go wrong with any color or choice of any particular exterior accessories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.