Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
No More GB. Tim has ceased doing GB and now only does Montly Specials. Give him a ring or look for his user name "hondacuraworld" in search and IM him.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Good.

It is time for me to get a full size of spare.

Tim, let me know whenever you have it for either monthly special or group buy. :D :D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
FYI: Good Price

Tim sells the wheels for $200 including shipping; so that is a total for the wheel. I got the Michelin tire mounted and balanced for ~ $150 (includes tax). So anything under $350 would be good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Me too!!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Not me, I'm gonna order next week. Don't want to wait for 2 reasons:

(1) Purpose of having it is for a "spare". Won't help a whole bunch if the spare is still at Tim's.

(2) Want to rotate the new wheel/tire in the 1st rotation [coming up real soon now].

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Summer Vacation

srpbep said:
Not me, I'm gonna order next week. Don't want to wait ... :

(1) Purpose of having it is for a "spare". Won't help a whole bunch if the spare is still at Tim's.
We use the MDX as the family car, especially on trips:
250+ miles to Lafayette
300+ miles to Dallas (several times)
500+ miles to Lubbock (several times)
550+ miles to Tulsa
600+ miles to Memphis (several times)
1050 miles to Sarasota, etc. etc.

All of those are one-way miles. Often parts of these trips are at night. I really consider the full-size spare a mandatory accessory; the donut just doesn't cut it on trips.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awhile back I started a poll on "Full Size Spare or Not"

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5600

What was interesting to me was that among the owners that voted most said that they already switched out to a full size or would switch eventually.

I can only hope that Acura sees how useful this could be for owners and will decide to put a full size on the 2003 model.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't like riding on a spare and I like to take road trips with the family.

I like to go on unimproved roads and trails and a tiny little cheap a$$ spare can't handle that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts