Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you guys do with the donut when you got your full size spares? Is it worth keeping, or did you just recycle it?

Thanks,

Kit
San Diego, CA

·
Registered
818 Posts
My donut spare is still sitting in my garage. If anyone has an ideas of what to do with it, let me know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine is in garage too.

Dealer didn't want it. So, unless someone's got a bright idea what they would be good for, mine gets dumped. No space in garage for useless stuff.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I saved my donut. Put it back on the X when I was ready to sell the X, then sold the full size spare (at my original cost) to a member of this forum.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Ditto, ditto, and ditto ...

Perhaps we should pool our "resources" and open a donut shop:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. When I have my full size tire mounted, I'll have the tire shop unmount the donut, and then I can recycle the steel spare wheel.

BTW - this is for a Pilot, not an MDX. I'm glad you guys worked out all this stuff for us in advance.

Kit

·
Registered
124 Posts
Kit_C

Don't forget the 29 x 9 inch vinyl cover for the spare. It adds a nice finishing touch and protects the rim at the same time.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine is against a wall in the basement. Sometimes a large unfinished basement is just an excuse to never throw anything away :D .

fvince,
Where can I find a cover for my full size spare?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ms. Mdx said:
fvince,
Where can I find a cover for my full size spare?
FWIW, I found one in the automotive section at Walmart for $9.95. I went to Autozone first, and they looked at me like I had 3 eyes. Walmart was across the street, and there it was. The box said it came in numerous colors, but Walmart only had the black. It looks good under the truck.

Hope that helps.

jnbsdad

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ms. MDX

I ordered my cover from Bestop.com. It is 29 x 9" plain black vinyl.

I fits great and looks as good. I could not find one that would fit at any of the auto parts stores or Wal Mart or Target here in Austin.

·
Registered
229 Posts
fvince & jnbsdad,

Thanks for the information. Much appreciated :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts