Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen those full length sunroofs on the MLs? I was just wondering if that was an option on the M-class or an aftermarket install. I've already seen two of them. Basically it's a sunroof that goes from the front all the way to the back of the car. The roof itself looks like a xylophone with 2 inch wide pieces that fold up once opened.

Just wondering if that's an option for the MDX and how much it would cost?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
It was a additional option, I know this was offered for one year. Maybe had too many problems. It looked nice thought. When my wife and I were still considering the ML we wanted that option.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's called a SKYVIEW and it is an option from Mercedes and not an aftermarket accessory. It has a one touch open (kinda like the driver side window) but has to be held to close; it takes a while to close since the speed isn't as fast as the MDX roof and it extends past the rear seats when fully open...

It's a great feature especially living in So. Cal.

*Automatic door locks, dead pedal area, and the skyview are the only features I can think of that out do the MDX. Oh, almost forgot the cool psuedo-switchblade key (but the MDX remote has a range 2x-3x the ML's).

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
proskunettes,

That would be an awesome accessory. Maybe a good business idea to target non-mercedes SUVs;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hmm - I've never seen that on the MLs, but the C230 "Coupe" (actually = hatchback) has a panoramic sun-roof that is very long. It's a pretty nice sunroof.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what it looks like:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
opened

Attachments