Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Fuel door release button inop

15K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Carrie M 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. This is my first post so I hope I've come to the right place. The fuel door release button doesn't work and I want to figure out the fix. Is this button powered in any way? Would it be an electrical or mechanical problem? What would be the easiest thing to check first?

For now, I've just been opening the fuel door manually through the lever located above the rear fuse panel.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
I've looked at the manual and went through all the fuse descriptions (pgs 563-565), but I just can't seem to find a corresponding fuse for this button. The only thing that even has the word fuel in it is for the fuel pump and that's clearly not for this. Maybe I'm overlooking it. Does anyone know what's the corresponding fuse for this button?

#4 ·
Most likely the door is frozen shut. The button still works. It just won't be able to open the door. There is a manual opener in the rear fuse box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Mine is getting intermittent...the release works fine, can see it activate with the door open...1/3 of the time i have to wedge my liscense in the door to help the spring pop it open

#14 ·
Mine sticks if I don't lubricate the area around the catch button inside the the gas door. Are you sure the electrical is inop? Try having someone push the button while you put an ear close to the door to see if you can hear it release.

#21 ·
Good job figuring it out! WD40 will work short term if it ever does stick, but white lithium or silicone spray lube will stick around a lot longer and keep things freed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.