Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. This is my first post so I hope I've come to the right place. The fuel door release button doesn't work and I want to figure out the fix. Is this button powered in any way? Would it be an electrical or mechanical problem? What would be the easiest thing to check first?

For now, I've just been opening the fuel door manually through the lever located above the rear fuse panel.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at the manual and went through all the fuse descriptions (pgs 563-565), but I just can't seem to find a corresponding fuse for this button. The only thing that even has the word fuel in it is for the fuel pump and that's clearly not for this. Maybe I'm overlooking it. Does anyone know what's the corresponding fuse for this button?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Most likely the door is frozen shut. The button still works. It just won't be able to open the door. There is a manual opener in the rear fuse box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
In the trunk on left side is rectangle cover for some fuses... Above that is "manual release" for fuel door. White plastic, a bit hard to reach.
Door harness could be your problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I meant manual release, just pull on it.
Sorry...
Driver door harness wire may be broken.
My trunk hatch button stopped working recently, remote opening works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most likely the door is frozen shut. The button still works. It just won't be able to open the door. There is a manual opener in the rear fuse box.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I live in a warm climate so I doubt it's frozen.

·
Registered
939 Posts
2011 basic package.
You only have five fuses in the back. Check the power tailgate fuse first: #11 (40A), then rear ACC (10A). It should not take you more than 3 minutes to check all the fuses even if you don't have the tool (just pull them out and check visually).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is getting intermittent...the release works fine, can see it activate with the door open...1/3 of the time i have to wedge my liscense in the door to help the spring pop it open

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine sticks if I don't lubricate the area around the catch button inside the the gas door. Are you sure the electrical is inop? Try having someone push the button while you put an ear close to the door to see if you can hear it release.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You only have five fuses in the back. Check the power tailgate fuse first: #11 (40A), then rear ACC (10A). It should not take you more than 3 minutes to check all the fuses even if you don't have the tool (just pull them out and check visually).
Ok I'll check these out tonight. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine sticks if I don't lubricate the area around the catch button inside the the gas door. Are you sure the electrical is inop? Try having someone push the button while you put an ear close to the door to see if you can hear it release.
I'm not sure if it's an electrical problem. That's why others were telling me to check blown fuses. If it's a lubrication issue do I just grease the latches? WD 40?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I'll check these out tonight. Thanks.
It ended up being the fuse (#8). The manual is not specific as it says this is for interior lights. But on the backface of the rear fuse door it says fuel lid. Just gotta pick up a 7.5a fuse now. Thanks for you help.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts