Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, if you open the fuel door and look in, you can see a drain hole for any excess fuel. Does anyone know where this drain leads to? :confused:

I was washing the X after a snow trip (by the way, if you want to see where dirt travels, try going through snow conditions, I found dirt in all sorts of odd places) I opened the fuel door to wash inside and after rinsing the inside I began to wonder where the water went. I am almost positive it does not lead back into the fuel tank. But if it was designed to take away excess fuel, where does it take it????:1zhelp:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think it slowyly drips out through the cracks. I noticed that too last time I gave the X a bath openned the door and it was filthy.
It can not get back into the tank since we all close it till we hear three ticks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that the drain does not just go to a hose that comes out on the ground, that would not be environmentally sound. A friend of mine told me that it might lead to a charcoal canister.:confused:

Hopefully someone will end this curiosity...:8:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mikee94 said:
The fuel will drip to your tire.
Why in the world would it do that? Does the tire have some sort of significance or is it because it just happens to be in the same location as the drain hole?

·
Registered
126 Posts
frozen fuel door

last night, my fuel door foze up on me on the mass pike, had to work a little to grt it open.!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts