Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced frozen windows with their MDX? My 17 MDX's windows won't scroll down from fresh start if the weather is too cold outside. You can see the door gets pushed out by the glass when it tries to scroll down and get stuck. It then takes about 15-25 minutes for them to work again. It happens to ALL doors even though there was no snow or rain in the last 24 hours.

Anyone knows why this may happen? This has happened to me twice so far.

·
Registered
391 Posts
there could be water leaking through the door seals or where the window meets the door itself.

id bring it back to the dealer and let them know your situation. maybe even record a video of you reproducing the problem on another cold night. the proof is in the pudding.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there could be water leaking through the door seals or where the window meets the door itself.

id bring it back to the dealer and let them know your situation. maybe even record a video of you reproducing the problem on another cold night. the proof is in the pudding.
yes i will take a video next time and show to the dealer. i will post it up and share with you all too

·
Registered
391 Posts
no, but apparently frozen brakes are still an issue with MDX.
Don't wash your car when it's cold.
frozen brakes?!

was there standing water between the pads and the rotors that froze seizing the pads from moving?

are you washing the car on your own? or was it waiting at the car wash or something? i suppose if you used it on your own you used hot water?

·
Registered
115 Posts
frozen brakes?!

was there standing water between the pads and the rotors that froze seizing the pads from moving?

are you washing the car on your own? or was it waiting at the car wash or something? i suppose if you used it on your own you used hot water?
Not sure where exactly it froze, it was too cold to go outside and explore. The brake pedal felt normal, just that one of the wheel was locked.

it was an automatic car wash.
I know it wasn't a great idea. But, I have never had any problems with my past vehicles, and it's definitely not my first winter car wash.
After calling the dealership, and some research, it's appears to be a pretty common problem with Hondas.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

symptom shows for the summer too. after a rainy day, when the mdx is completely dry and i roll down the window and up again, there would be water on the glass.

brought it to the dealer (acura of north toronto). they said they did a water test and couldn't find any water retained inside the door.

This is the video to the frozen window issue recorded in last winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts