Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about a service report from the dealership.
They reported the following:
  1. Both Front sway bar links 1.6
  2. Front Rotors - Warped 2.1
  3. Alignment 1.6
The vehicle has 160k miles.
This MDX runs very nice, shifts smooth, and don't notice any issues.
I have put maybe 200 miles on the car since the dealership visit a couple months ago. They said the above issues are nothing to worry about at the moment, but will be something that needs attention in the future.

I did not ask the dealership to go into any details about what a sway bar links 1.6 or alignment 1.6 is, or a warped rotor 2.1.

Would anyone be able to explain in more detail what the three issues mean?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Those numbers are probably number of hours they will charge you for the jobs. As for the other questions, can you just google or youtube?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those numbers are probably number of hours they will charge you for the jobs. As for the other questions, can you just google or youtube?
I already know what sway bar, rotors, and alignment are.
That makes sense if the numbers are for hours. That was my confusion. Thought it might be some mechanical verbiage I am not aware of.
Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how did they determine that your rotors are warped?? do you feel any pulsating in the brake pedal when braking hard? if not, then they,re blowing smoke up your ass
I don't feel any anomalies when braking. This car is solid.
Tbh...I did not ask how they determined any of the mentioned issues.
This was for a pre owned vehicle inspection report I asked them to do. Same report used for certified Acuras.
I am selling the car and wanted to know if anything needed immediate attention, and let new buyer know this car is in great condition. New buyer can fix the mention issues when the time comes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts