Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My 2015 MDX SH-AWD is in need of new front stabilizer bars. The front left one is broken and right one is worn (106K miles, NYC street driving)

The front left OEM one is on back-order country wide. I checked with Peoria / Delray and some other local dealerships but no one has it in stock and next container is coming in in about 7 days (plus another week for release and then shipping.)

My question is are there any after-market stabilizer bars available which are same (or even better)?

I actually don’t mind going after-market especially if I can get something better. NYC street driving is very uncomfortable.

Here are the OEM ones for reference:

https://www.curryacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-link-assy-l-fr-stabilizer-51325tz5a01?c=Zz1jaGFzc2lzJnM9ZnJvbnQta251Y2tsZSZhPWFjdXJhJm89bWR4LTUtZG9vciZ5PTIwMTUmdD10ZWNoLXNoLWF3ZCZlPTYtc3BlZWQtYXV0b21hdGlj

https://www.curryacuraparts.com/oem-parts/acura-link-assy-r-fr-stabilizer-51320tz5a01?c=Zz1jaGFzc2lzJnM9ZnJvbnQta251Y2tsZSZhPWFjdXJhJm89bWR4LTUtZG9vciZ5PTIwMTUmdD10ZWNoLXNoLWF3ZCZlPTYtc3BlZWQtYXV0b21hdGlj

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Check the usual web sites for options. Rockauto, summit racing, chain stores like Autozone, and Amazon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I prefer using OEM.

If you don't want OEM then I'd go with MOOG.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies p07r0457 and sgkent !

I have decided to order some MOOG bars. The brand itself seems to have solid reviews and Advance Auto Parts has 30% off and free shipping which is pretty solid.

Sorry for being a total noob ... when it comes to bushings ... what is the difference between 'front to frame' vs 'rear to frame'? And do I need two bushings (1 set) per bar or just 1 set (2 bushings) in total for both front bars? Yes, that's how little I know but I learn. :)

I think Acura (maybe) has had some parts inventory management issues lately. Some other parts I had ordered took 4 weeks to arrive.

Thanks again !

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for your replies p07r0457 and sgkent !

I have decided to order some MOOG bars. The brand itself seems to have solid reviews and Advance Auto Parts has 30% off and free shipping which is pretty solid.

Sorry for being a total noob ... when it comes to bushings ... what is the difference between 'front to frame' vs 'rear to frame'? And do I need two bushings (1 set) per bar or just 1 set (2 bushings) in total for both front bars? Yes, that's how little I know but I learn. :)

I think Acura (maybe) has had some parts inventory management issues lately. Some other parts I had ordered took 4 weeks to arrive.

Thanks again !
Moog has been around longer than I have, and I have been around a long, long, long time. ;-).

I recently bought a simple spare tire kit from the local Acura dealer. It took a month. These are common items, it shouldn't be this way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts