Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We have a 2005 with 125k. It's generally in spectacular shape (especially after the amazing sylvania headlight restoration kit), except for the front seats! Both need repair or replace, as you can see below -

For those in a similar position, what did you do? Seems like an upholstery shop would likely be best option, and probably cheaper than those insanely expensive leather seat covers you can find on eBay and such? Anyone had any success doing their own repairs? I feel like I'd be good spending $100-$250 here, but probably not much more. Strong preference for stock feel and appearance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check Ebay for USAutoseatcover. They list OEM quality l/r bottom cushion cover sets for $369. Good feedback scores, but I have not used them myself. You'll want a pro to do the installation.

You might check a couple of local dealerships to see who does their leather work locally. A good shop should be able to do these easily, but I don't know what the cost would be.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Definitely check with one or more local shops before you do anything else, then either get it repaired there or use that information to make an informed decision. I have frequently been surprised at the cost for a local option being less than expected. People who sell online understand the dynamic that has come to the market where people would rather make a few key strokes than pick up the phone or stop in somewhere for an estimate and that was already trending heavy before Covid. Since then it is even more so.

Reactions: JBIII

·
Registered
646 Posts
I bought factory OEM bottom covers and DIYd. Pricey and wish I had searched eBay. Had searched several local shops and they were half price including installation compared to the OEM cover. The main issue for me was getting a good color match and the beige leather shades were not matching at all. Looking back, vinyl might have worked and would have been cheaper.

I have a TL and found matching leather for it and a shop to do the seat bottom for about $170. I took the seat to them and supplied the leather which was about a $120 including perforated sections. So $290 all in. Still, the ebay option might be best.

The shop added about a 1/2 inch of foam to to restore loft.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi....have a '04 MDX, and passenger front seat bottom went bad due to chemical spill. In '17, found a matching (same color, perf pattern, and panel layout) repair piece on Ebay and had it installed at local shop, including some foam rebuild. Total cost just over 400, with the quality perfectly usable, but not concours condition. The factory seatcover repair piece was 750.
Happy with results here in the Great NorthWet.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Iggee seat covers.
Lasted pretty long since I had this installed back in 2014. I started to see some tear on the cover on the driver side and may need to replace it soon. Not bad for $179 for the pair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts