Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No problem getting the two Phillip screws out.
Using two bolts to pop the rotor off the hub but the thread on the rotor started to strips at halfway out. Looking behind the rotor I can see heavy rusted around the inside wall of the rotor. I sprayed liquid wrench and and used a rubber hammer to hammer out from the back of the rotor but no luck. I had to hammered it back in so I can put everything back together so I can drive again.

How do I get this sucker out? Any ideas how to get it out. Heavy rust around inside wall of the rotor is preventing it from slipping out of the hub.

RockAuto screwed up my order.
WTF is wrong with RockAuto? The sent me one used and one new rotor. Someone returned the used rotor and they restocked it without even checking! Someone got a free rotor! I can’t speak to RockAuto and there is no way to send this picture to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This guy had the exact problem that I am having and looks like there is a solution (BIG hammer!)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
you can use a little heat to help get the hat to expand a tad without getting the bearings too hot before using hammer also. I hope you sent rockauto customer support an email as soon as you found out you got 1 used rotor.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
you can use a little heat to help get the hat to expand a tad without getting the bearings too hot before using hammer also. I hope you sent rockauto customer support an email as soon as you found out you got 1 used rotor.
I don’t have a torch.

RockAuto doesn’t have customer support, phone or email. The only way to deal with this to go on their website and request for a return or replacement. I did a request for a replacement because of receiving a used rotor.
Rockauto gave me a free shipping return label to ship the used rotor back and a new ones is being shipped out. Looks like the whole return process was done by a computer.

I was able to remove the rotor with lots of banging with a hammer. Now I have a new rotor on the front driver side and the old one is still on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I don’t have a torch.

RockAuto doesn’t have customer support, phone or email. The only way to deal with this to go on their website and request for a return or replacement. I did a request for a replacement because of receiving a used rotor.
Rockauto gave me a free shipping return label to ship the used rotor back and a new ones is being shipped out. Looks like the whole return process was done by a computer.

I was able to remove the rotor with lots of banging with a hammer. Now I have a new rotor on the front driver side and the old one is still on the passenger side.

Very basic torch that works great for auto repairs or home repairs.

Glad they are able to send you a replacement part!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow. Hard braking to a complete stop from 90 mph with a new set of front rotor is completely vibration/shake free. Love that rock solid and noiseless braking action. Probably also replacing the rear rotors soon.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
the rear parking brake adjuster can be a PITA to get right when you reinstall so the e-brake works!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts