Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The switch on the driver side does not open or close the window on the front passenger side but the window switch on that front passenger works fine. The rest of the switches are working fine. What is going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Learned something new. The dead battery was causing the passenger power window not to open and close from the switch on the driver side. I have to do a reset using this procedure!
I was going to open the door panel to find out and it would be a total waste of time and and money replacing good part. . I am glad I read the FSM first. Always something!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
What !!!! I wonder if this works on the 2008 MDX.

I have the exact same problem and I have been meaning to replace the driver side passenger window button for sometime. Acura was asking me 80$ for diagnosis and 150$ if it required change. You might just have saved it for me.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Before you go opening up the door panel and having Acura diagnose anything, I'd replace the sub-harness on the driver's side door. It's a $25 part and takes about 30 minutes to do. There are a couple DIYs on this site. What you all are describing is a common symptom of that harness going bad.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
This happened to me on my MDX and I was able to do the same procedure to reset it.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Before you go opening up the door panel and having Acura diagnose anything, I'd replace the sub-harness on the driver's side door. It's a $25 part and takes about 30 minutes to do. There are a couple DIYs on this site. What you all are describing is a common symptom of that harness going bad.
If possible, TEST the harness before blindly replacing it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This morning I was able to make the driver side passenger window button work again. I didn’t have to do this elaborate a process.

I entered from the passenger side and left the door open. Put the key in ON ‘II’ position. Rolled the window completely down and held the switch for an extra couple of seconds. Rolled it completely up and held the switch for an extra couple of seconds. Voila. Just like that it’s working again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This morning I was able to make the driver side passenger window button work again. I didn’t have to do this elaborate a process.

I entered from the passenger side and left the door open. Put the key in ON ‘II’ position. Rolled the window completely down and held the switch for an extra couple of seconds. Rolled it completely up and held the switch for an extra couple of seconds. Voila. Just like that it’s working again.

I just did the same with my front passenger window on my '12 MDX This works perfect! Thank you for sharing! Took a few seconds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
These steps worked perfectly in resolving the issue on my 2008 MDX. Wow...I was so close to ordering and installing a new switch! Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts

I have the exact same problem and I have been meaning to replace the driver side passenger window button for sometime. Acura was asking me 80$ for diagnosis and 150$ if it required change. You might just have saved it for me.
I can report that it does work. I have used this fix on my own 2008.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi, i got the FSM for 2007 for 2nd generation, and the "Resetting the Power Window Control Unit" procedure is as follows:

reset.JPG

I Hope is not to late....

·
Registered
1 Posts

Had same problem and followed Srbhrn’s guide today and problem fixed! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Learned something new. The dead battery was causing the passenger power window not to open and close from the switch on the driver side. I have to do a reset using this procedure!
I was going to open the door panel to find out and it would be a total waste of time and and money replacing good part. . I am glad I read the FSM first. Always something!!!

This actually works!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks 👍👍

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just did the same with my front passenger window on my '12 MDX This works perfect! Thank you for sharing! Took a few seconds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts