Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are shopping and look at the usual suspects...ML, X5, Volvo, Lexus GX, etc. We test drove the MDX yesterday and really liked it...except for the front passenger legroom.

The bottom of the dashboard/glove compartment structure seems to intrude into the foot well area. Neither of us has very large feet (I'm a size 10 shoe) but we had to struggle to get our feet in and they kept bumping into the bottom of the glove box. It seems like there is insufficient vertical clearance. Also, there is a shaft like obstruction that probably houses a vent or some mechanicals. In general, there didn't seem to be much wiggle room and I wonder if your feet get cramped after a while.

Has anyone else noticed this and has it bothered anyone? So far, we liked the MDX a lot, especially with the price advantage, but are leaning toward the Lexus GX just because of this one issue, especially on long drives.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Nope... it never be a problem for me. But I hardly sit on the passenger side whenever I am in the MDX. ;)

Whenever we are on a long trip, my wife always put her feet up on the dash board. I guess that is more comfortable??? :p

·
Registered
699 Posts
JTM said:
Nope... it never be a problem for me. But I hardly sit on the passenger side whenever I am in the MDX. ;)

Whenever we are on a long trip, my wife always put her feet up on the dash board. I guess that is more comfortable??? :p
More comfortable, but more dangerous! If the airbag deploys she's gonna get more serious injury with the feet on the dash than otherwise. :eek: Probably a good idea to recline the seat back until the indicator tells you the passenger SRS is disabled. I'm still not sure you get better safety that way...

·
3,109 Posts
jonnygoodboy said:
I'm still not sure you get better safety that way...
For better safety and more leg stretching room, fold down the center seats, and sit in the 3rd row. Its really great.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My wife and I have the same small complaint. My 10 and a half's fit fine underneath, but I would have liked a bit more room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts