Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2017 Tech and noticed a few days later that the front passenger door is slightly sagging. The door fully closes when more force is used but will not fully close when shutting lightly. Once the door is close to shutting, you can see the door slightly raise up as it catches the frame. This has caused excessive wear on the weatherstripping.

My question is if these doors are able to be adjusted. I did not see any prior threads on this topic. If they do exists, please send the links.

Other than that and some other minor cosmetic defects, I love the car!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I would be concerned that this is a result of an accident with an improper repair. If you have any recourse I would take it up with the seller. Bought from a dealer? Get back there as fast as you can. Other than that the typically solution is to shim the lower hinge. It doesn't take much at the hinge to make a significant difference at the rear door edge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I was aware of an accident prior to the purchase. I just did not notice the issue until now. It was an out-of-state dealer purchase. I'll pursue the shim suggestion. Thanks for the insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts