Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 MDX. I am trying to install new Moog front LCAs. I have everything off besides the sway bar and it slides in and mounts up to the frame bolts easy but I cant catch the rear 14mm bolt through the sway bar bushing mount into the control arm through the frame. I feel like I need to tweak the arm and load the sway bar a bit with a jack but it didnt work. I cant get a hammer on the bolt to line the hole up the last bit. Tips or pointers? I was going to try removing all mounts on the sway bar and get those first if possible. Thanks

Edit: This started as a hub swap and brake job but i mutilated my lower ball joint boots and apparently Honda just discontinued the boots. Like they vanished off the face of the internet. I even had some ordered and they refunded me. That being said I have the knuckle totally off. Why? Because I didn't know hubs were serviceable on the vehicle. Last time I did wheel bearings and bushings it was with a big press. So the sway bar is unloaded and is putting a lot of pressure on the bolts. Should I install everything and lower the car on the wheel for that last bolt if possible?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You may need to release AS bar from LCA, install bushing bolt, and reattach AS bar to LCA. You may need to lift LCA w/ jack to engage AS bar.

good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That got it. Now the lower end link is frozen in place. I rounded the bolt with a break bar and a 6 point socket after numerous failed impact attempts and penetrating oil. Ground it off. Broke all my drill bits and bought new ones trying to drill it out. Still in there..Any ideas besides new sway bar?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts