Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hitch mounted Pak Mule cargo basket that I welded fishing rod holders on to. I have a front hitch receiver on my Tundra. I just bought a new 2020 MDX AWD. Has anyone found a front hitch for the MDX??

It has been one of the best accessories I've ever gotten because you can keep the coolers, generator, gear etc in the front and really free up space in the back.

Thanks for having me, love forums for all my toys.

Jeff

·
Registered
93 Posts
As a fellow front-hitch-basket lover, I'm also curious. Very important to note that a loaded front basket will interfere with the radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control (AcuraWatch).

Closest I can see, it should fit, as the front subframe and bulkhead frame parts are the same from the Ridgeline to the MDX. I'm not $300 worth of curious to see if it fits though.

Subframe part number is shared back to 2014, so it looks like this would fit all 3rd gen MDX's even with the mid-model refresh bridging that gap

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good find. I installed the rear hitch today. Think I'll check in to the dimensions of this link and look at the undercarriage. My tundra you just had to unbolt the tow rings and bolt the hitch up with the rings on top. Everything on this car is plastic pop fasteners so we'll see what the front end looks like. Yeah I thought about the adaptive cruse control, on my Tundra it works still because its eye is up in the top of the windshield. The accura also has some sort of sensor up at the top of the windshield so we'll see. Will update if i pull the trigger on the hitch
. \

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
93 Posts
he adaptive cruse control, on my Tundra it works still because its eye is up in the top of the windshield. The acura also has some sort of sensor up at the top of the windshield
that's for the lane-keep portion of the system. It's just a camera that looks for lane lines, and in some more advanced systems, the camera also monitors for speed limit signs and traffic signals.

The Toyota badge on your Tundra (and acura badge on the 17-21 3rd gens) houses the radar unit for the adaptive cruise. Looking at your pic on the first picture, it looks like your cooler doesn't quite come up high enough to block the Toyota badge. Might not be an issue with the Acura either so long as you don't block the badge. Then again, it might be - depending on how different the two systems are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts