Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After picking up my MDX from the dealership, I noticed some adhesive remnants and scratches on the horizontal member below the Acura logo. The scratches appear to be from trying to remove the adhesive. The dealer solution is to paint the grill (the grill is part of the entire front bumper so replacement is not a good option).

Is this a factory painted part? I don't want it painted if it's bare plastic OEM. The service department swears that it's a factory painted part. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part is the black plastic piece, It's the same problem pictured in the thread you reference. Unfortunately there was no conclusion about whether the piece was painted.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Actually there was: I should've told you that C&J01MDX works for the Acura supplier that does the paint and such. His comment -

that area is masked from the body color paint...and it is dull plastic, there is no paint on the surface...
My guess is that your dealer wants to repaint it either b/c it's easier than fixing it, or because they'd otherwise have to order an entirely new bumper assy for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much. There really isn't a great solution for this problem. I'm not interested in a bumper replacement because the paint quality will never be what the factory provides. I plan to polish the scratches out as best I can and try and get an accessory from the dealer to compensate.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Browner said:
Thanks so much. There really isn't a great solution for this problem. I'm not interested in a bumper replacement because the paint quality will never be what the factory provides. I plan to polish the scratches out as best I can and try and get an accessory from the dealer to compensate.
I think that's the right idea. :29:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts