Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front fender extends up to the hood. Between the headlight and the front grille, the plastic fender does not line up flush with the body. I asked my service rep at Ramsey(NJ) Acura and he told me there is nothing they could do and that I am S.O.L.
Has anyone else noticed this same problem?
Has this been addressed by Acura?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yep... I have posted about the bumper seams not lining up properly. I see a small gap at the headlights and where the bumper meets the fender wells. I took it in awhile back and they had their body shop take off the bumper and remount it. I helped a little but I can still tell. I am sure I notice it more than other but, that is the way I am. Quality is what I do for a living.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I don't have a gap, but a the passenger side of the bumper is indented about 1/4 inch. The drivers side lines up perfectly. As you say, I expected better quality and am disappointed that the dealer would not do anything - as least your dealer tried.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the photo. Do you know what they did to fix it so I could explain it to my lame dealer or could you give me the name of your dealer, so I could have mine contact them.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
There was a thread about one of these issues (or at least relating to the pic Wayne posted) a couple of months ago. I think most of us had a 1/8" or so "overhang" of the hood by the pillars near the headlights, and therefore declared it "normal". Perhaps it isn't.

It sounds to me, however, that Mark and Ron are talking about bumper issues, whereas Wayne is talking about hood alignment. Different deals I think.

In any case, page 20-105 of the service manual has the ever-so-basic instructions on aligning the hood. Bumper hanger is more involved, and different story of course. YMMV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Worm- you're right, it's a bumper issue and not the fender (my fault). I appreciate the find in the manual and will bring it to the service departments attention.

·
Registered
19 Posts
front fender mis-alignment/hood not flush

I seem to have 2 problems with
my X related to the hood/fender:

1. the hood doesn't go flush with the
front head-lights on the driver's
side--the point where you see a black
rubber seal type material between the
edge of the hood and the headlight
assembly--there's a clear gap and a